Jun 30, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
After spending almost the entire 2013-14 season in the American Hockey League, defenseman Jeff Schultz has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the L.A. Kings.
According to the blog MayorsManor, the 28-year-old Schultz will earn $850,000 in each of the next two seasons.
Schultz played the entire regular season with the Manchester Monarchs, the Kings’ AHL affiliate, but was called up to L.A. for the Stanley Cup playoffs and with veteran Willie Mitchell hurt. He appeared in seven post-season games, including the first game of the Western Conference final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Schultz was forced to clear waivers in September after L.A.’s training camp wrapped up. The Kings initially signed Schultz to a one-year, $700,000 contract last July. Prior to that, he was initially placed on waivers for the purpose of a compliance buyout when he was a member of the Washington Capitals.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 29
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)