Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Call it the Ryan Kesler effect.
And to a lesser degree, the Nate Thompson effect.
The Ducks now have Ryan Getzlaf, Kesler, and Thompson at center. They may also be projecting prospect Rickard Rakell making the big club next season. So you can be pretty sure their offer for Perreault, also a center, didn’t break the bank, even if Anaheim deems it “substantial.”
Perreault had a productive 2013-14. The 26-year-old finished with 43 points in 69 games, and that was while averaging just 13:52 per contest.
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 18
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)