Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Call it the Ryan Kesler effect.
And to a lesser degree, the Nate Thompson effect.
The Ducks now have Ryan Getzlaf, Kesler, and Thompson at center. They may also be projecting prospect Rickard Rakell making the big club next season. So you can be pretty sure their offer for Perreault, also a center, didn’t break the bank, even if Anaheim deems it “substantial.”
Perreault had a productive 2013-14. The 26-year-old finished with 43 points in 69 games, and that was while averaging just 13:52 per contest.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15