Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Call it the Ryan Kesler effect.
And to a lesser degree, the Nate Thompson effect.
The Ducks now have Ryan Getzlaf, Kesler, and Thompson at center. They may also be projecting prospect Rickard Rakell making the big club next season. So you can be pretty sure their offer for Perreault, also a center, didn’t break the bank, even if Anaheim deems it “substantial.”
Perreault had a productive 2013-14. The 26-year-old finished with 43 points in 69 games, and that was while averaging just 13:52 per contest.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5