Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Call it the Ryan Kesler effect.
And to a lesser degree, the Nate Thompson effect.
The Ducks now have Ryan Getzlaf, Kesler, and Thompson at center. They may also be projecting prospect Rickard Rakell making the big club next season. So you can be pretty sure their offer for Perreault, also a center, didn’t break the bank, even if Anaheim deems it “substantial.”
Perreault had a productive 2013-14. The 26-year-old finished with 43 points in 69 games, and that was while averaging just 13:52 per contest.
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 2
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 5
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)