Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
ANA not qualifying Mathieu Perreault. Ducks have, however, given him contract offer they deem to be substantial. He's UFA unless he accepts.—
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) June 30, 2014
Call it the Ryan Kesler effect.
And to a lesser degree, the Nate Thompson effect.
The Ducks now have Ryan Getzlaf, Kesler, and Thompson at center. They may also be projecting prospect Rickard Rakell making the big club next season. So you can be pretty sure their offer for Perreault, also a center, didn’t break the bank, even if Anaheim deems it “substantial.”
Perreault had a productive 2013-14. The 26-year-old finished with 43 points in 69 games, and that was while averaging just 13:52 per contest.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9