Jun 30, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
Gorges also told Stubbs that he’s “deeply disappointed” that the Habs are trying to trade him, and wants the fans to know he “never wanted to leave Montreal. In no way has this been my decision.”
But it appears the 29-year-old is the odd man out on a Montreal blue line with PK Subban (in need of a big, new contract), Andrei Markov (just signed for three more years), Alexei Emelin (under contract for three more years), as well as up-and-comers like Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, and Dalton Thrower.
Gorges is signed through 2017-18 for a cap hit of $3.9 million. In 2013-14, he played 66 games for the Habs, scoring once with 13 assists, while logging 21:15 of ice time per contest.
It’s not known if Gorges’ new list includes the Toronto Maple Leafs, who apparently want him.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)