Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have re-signed pending unrestricted free agent winger Chris Thorburn to a three-year contract extension worth $1.2 million per season.
The Jets announced the deal via Twitter. It was initially announced by agent Scott Bartlett, also on social media. Such a trend these days. Bad joke, sorry.
Thorburn is entering his fourth season in Winnipeg – he had been with the former Atlanta Thrashers for four seasons, as well.
Last season, he scored twice and had 11 points in 55 games.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54