Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have re-signed pending unrestricted free agent winger Chris Thorburn to a three-year contract extension worth $1.2 million per season.
The Jets announced the deal via Twitter. It was initially announced by agent Scott Bartlett, also on social media. Such a trend these days. Bad joke, sorry.
Thorburn is entering his fourth season in Winnipeg – he had been with the former Atlanta Thrashers for four seasons, as well.
Last season, he scored twice and had 11 points in 55 games.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54