Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have re-signed pending unrestricted free agent winger Chris Thorburn to a three-year contract extension worth $1.2 million per season.
The Jets announced the deal via Twitter. It was initially announced by agent Scott Bartlett, also on social media. Such a trend these days. Bad joke, sorry.
Thorburn is entering his fourth season in Winnipeg – he had been with the former Atlanta Thrashers for four seasons, as well.
Last season, he scored twice and had 11 points in 55 games.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)