Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have re-signed pending unrestricted free agent winger Chris Thorburn to a three-year contract extension worth $1.2 million per season.
The Jets announced the deal via Twitter. It was initially announced by agent Scott Bartlett, also on social media. Such a trend these days. Bad joke, sorry.
Thorburn is entering his fourth season in Winnipeg – he had been with the former Atlanta Thrashers for four seasons, as well.
Last season, he scored twice and had 11 points in 55 games.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8