Jun 29, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
If the New York Post’s Larry Brooks is correct, the New York Rangers would make the most of possibly losing free agents by snatching players from their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils in the same open market.
Fayne, 27, compares fairly favorably to Stralman (also 27) when you place their “fancy stats” side-by-side. Their scoring stats are similar in being minimal, but the defensive comparison is most relevant.
The Carter – Boyle breakdown probably amounts to the former being arguably more reliable while the latter might have a higher “ceiling.” (Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments on that matter, though.)
Rangers GM Glen Sather said he wants his free agents to value winning over money, but if they follow the dollars away from Madison Square Garden, it sounds like he has a decent idea regarding which players might fill their shoes.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)