Jun 29, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
If the New York Post’s Larry Brooks is correct, the New York Rangers would make the most of possibly losing free agents by snatching players from their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils in the same open market.
Fayne, 27, compares fairly favorably to Stralman (also 27) when you place their “fancy stats” side-by-side. Their scoring stats are similar in being minimal, but the defensive comparison is most relevant.
The Carter – Boyle breakdown probably amounts to the former being arguably more reliable while the latter might have a higher “ceiling.” (Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments on that matter, though.)
Rangers GM Glen Sather said he wants his free agents to value winning over money, but if they follow the dollars away from Madison Square Garden, it sounds like he has a decent idea regarding which players might fill their shoes.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20