Jun 29, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
If the New York Post’s Larry Brooks is correct, the New York Rangers would make the most of possibly losing free agents by snatching players from their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils in the same open market.
Fayne, 27, compares fairly favorably to Stralman (also 27) when you place their “fancy stats” side-by-side. Their scoring stats are similar in being minimal, but the defensive comparison is most relevant.
The Carter – Boyle breakdown probably amounts to the former being arguably more reliable while the latter might have a higher “ceiling.” (Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments on that matter, though.)
Rangers GM Glen Sather said he wants his free agents to value winning over money, but if they follow the dollars away from Madison Square Garden, it sounds like he has a decent idea regarding which players might fill their shoes.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)