Jun 29, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
If the New York Post’s Larry Brooks is correct, the New York Rangers would make the most of possibly losing free agents by snatching players from their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils in the same open market.
Fayne, 27, compares fairly favorably to Stralman (also 27) when you place their “fancy stats” side-by-side. Their scoring stats are similar in being minimal, but the defensive comparison is most relevant.
The Carter – Boyle breakdown probably amounts to the former being arguably more reliable while the latter might have a higher “ceiling.” (Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments on that matter, though.)
Rangers GM Glen Sather said he wants his free agents to value winning over money, but if they follow the dollars away from Madison Square Garden, it sounds like he has a decent idea regarding which players might fill their shoes.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)