Jun 29, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
If the New York Post’s Larry Brooks is correct, the New York Rangers would make the most of possibly losing free agents by snatching players from their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils in the same open market.
Fayne, 27, compares fairly favorably to Stralman (also 27) when you place their “fancy stats” side-by-side. Their scoring stats are similar in being minimal, but the defensive comparison is most relevant.
The Carter – Boyle breakdown probably amounts to the former being arguably more reliable while the latter might have a higher “ceiling.” (Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments on that matter, though.)
Rangers GM Glen Sather said he wants his free agents to value winning over money, but if they follow the dollars away from Madison Square Garden, it sounds like he has a decent idea regarding which players might fill their shoes.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)