Jun 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
Next season, it’s possible all three of those players won’t be back with the Blueshirts.
“I don’t know where it’s going to go,” Rangers general manager Glen Sather said Saturday. “But that’s why we have all summer to figure it out.”
Dorsett definitely won’t be back; he was traded to Vancouver on Friday.
Boyle probably won’t be back either. The big forward is an unrestricted free agent who wants a bigger role, and Sather’s not “interested” in keeping a player that wants a different role than what the club wants.
“If you’ve got players that aren’t willing to accept their roles, then you’ve got conflict all the time,” said Sather. “That creates problems. I’m not interested in problems. I want people that want to play within a team structure. That’s how you win.”
As for Moore, the 33-year-old center is also an unrestricted free agent. He made $1 million last season and had six goals and 12 assists in 73 games.
Benoit Pouliot is another UFA forward who may or may not be back.
“I think you have to decide yourself what’s the important thing,” said Sather, “whether it’s winning or getting a few more dollars someplace else. In my book it’s always winning.”
Whatever happens with his free-agent veterans, Sather expects 21-year-old J.T. Miller to be with the big club in 2014-15.
“We expect Miller to come and play this year,” he said. “He probably would’ve played throughout the playoffs if he hadn’t had his separated shoulder. He’s young. He fits into the price range. He’s going to develop into becoming a very good hockey player. He had a lot of growth this year, and did well.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)