Jun 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Next season, it’s possible all three of those players won’t be back with the Blueshirts.
“I don’t know where it’s going to go,” Rangers general manager Glen Sather said Saturday. “But that’s why we have all summer to figure it out.”
Dorsett definitely won’t be back; he was traded to Vancouver on Friday.
Boyle probably won’t be back either. The big forward is an unrestricted free agent who wants a bigger role, and Sather’s not “interested” in keeping a player that wants a different role than what the club wants.
“If you’ve got players that aren’t willing to accept their roles, then you’ve got conflict all the time,” said Sather. “That creates problems. I’m not interested in problems. I want people that want to play within a team structure. That’s how you win.”
As for Moore, the 33-year-old center is also an unrestricted free agent. He made $1 million last season and had six goals and 12 assists in 73 games.
Benoit Pouliot is another UFA forward who may or may not be back.
“I think you have to decide yourself what’s the important thing,” said Sather, “whether it’s winning or getting a few more dollars someplace else. In my book it’s always winning.”
Whatever happens with his free-agent veterans, Sather expects 21-year-old J.T. Miller to be with the big club in 2014-15.
“We expect Miller to come and play this year,” he said. “He probably would’ve played throughout the playoffs if he hadn’t had his separated shoulder. He’s young. He fits into the price range. He’s going to develop into becoming a very good hockey player. He had a lot of growth this year, and did well.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)