Jun 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Next season, it’s possible all three of those players won’t be back with the Blueshirts.
“I don’t know where it’s going to go,” Rangers general manager Glen Sather said Saturday. “But that’s why we have all summer to figure it out.”
Dorsett definitely won’t be back; he was traded to Vancouver on Friday.
Boyle probably won’t be back either. The big forward is an unrestricted free agent who wants a bigger role, and Sather’s not “interested” in keeping a player that wants a different role than what the club wants.
“If you’ve got players that aren’t willing to accept their roles, then you’ve got conflict all the time,” said Sather. “That creates problems. I’m not interested in problems. I want people that want to play within a team structure. That’s how you win.”
As for Moore, the 33-year-old center is also an unrestricted free agent. He made $1 million last season and had six goals and 12 assists in 73 games.
Benoit Pouliot is another UFA forward who may or may not be back.
“I think you have to decide yourself what’s the important thing,” said Sather, “whether it’s winning or getting a few more dollars someplace else. In my book it’s always winning.”
Whatever happens with his free-agent veterans, Sather expects 21-year-old J.T. Miller to be with the big club in 2014-15.
“We expect Miller to come and play this year,” he said. “He probably would’ve played throughout the playoffs if he hadn’t had his separated shoulder. He’s young. He fits into the price range. He’s going to develop into becoming a very good hockey player. He had a lot of growth this year, and did well.”
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 8
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 36
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 16
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)