Jun 28, 2014, 9:54 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have given defenseman Dalton Prout a two-year contract extension.
A pending restricted free agent prior to signing, Prout played 49 games for the Jackets in 2013-14, scoring twice with four assists. The 24-year-old also spent time with AHL Springfield.
Financial details of the contract have yet to be reported, but it’s apparently a one-way deal.
Prout was a sixth-round pick of the Jackets in 2010.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4