Jun 28, 2014, 9:54 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have given defenseman Dalton Prout a two-year contract extension.
A pending restricted free agent prior to signing, Prout played 49 games for the Jackets in 2013-14, scoring twice with four assists. The 24-year-old also spent time with AHL Springfield.
Financial details of the contract have yet to be reported, but it’s apparently a one-way deal.
Prout was a sixth-round pick of the Jackets in 2010.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54