Jun 28, 2014, 9:54 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have given defenseman Dalton Prout a two-year contract extension.
A pending restricted free agent prior to signing, Prout played 49 games for the Jackets in 2013-14, scoring twice with four assists. The 24-year-old also spent time with AHL Springfield.
Financial details of the contract have yet to be reported, but it’s apparently a one-way deal.
Prout was a sixth-round pick of the Jackets in 2010.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11