Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 PM EST
Joshua Ho-Sang predicted that, in three years, he’ll “be the best player in this draft.” If true, the New York Islanders got themselves quite a steal today, because they were able to get the 18-year-old scoring sensation with the 28th selection, after acquiring the pick in a trade with Tampa Bay.
There’s no denying Ho-Sang’s talent — he led OHL Windsor with 85 points in 67 games this season — but let’s just say his outgoing personality isn’t for everyone.
“I’m emotional,” he admitted in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. [P.K. Subban] gets into trouble. [Patrick Kane] gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more.”
And Ho-Sang had this to say to ESPN the Magazine: “You look at Patrick Kane, he’s having a good time. He’s getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he’d say ’10,’ [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell. The bottle’s popping, all this stuff. He’s absolutely hammered at all the parades. That’s hilarious. These guys are having a blast.”
Which isn’t typically what prospects say before they’ve been drafted.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)