Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Joshua Ho-Sang predicted that, in three years, he’ll “be the best player in this draft.” If true, the New York Islanders got themselves quite a steal today, because they were able to get the 18-year-old scoring sensation with the 28th selection, after acquiring the pick in a trade with Tampa Bay.
There’s no denying Ho-Sang’s talent — he led OHL Windsor with 85 points in 67 games this season — but let’s just say his outgoing personality isn’t for everyone.
“I’m emotional,” he admitted in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. [P.K. Subban] gets into trouble. [Patrick Kane] gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more.”
And Ho-Sang had this to say to ESPN the Magazine: “You look at Patrick Kane, he’s having a good time. He’s getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he’d say ’10,’ [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell. The bottle’s popping, all this stuff. He’s absolutely hammered at all the parades. That’s hilarious. These guys are having a blast.”
Which isn’t typically what prospects say before they’ve been drafted.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)