Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Joshua Ho-Sang predicted that, in three years, he’ll “be the best player in this draft.” If true, the New York Islanders got themselves quite a steal today, because they were able to get the 18-year-old scoring sensation with the 28th selection, after acquiring the pick in a trade with Tampa Bay.
There’s no denying Ho-Sang’s talent — he led OHL Windsor with 85 points in 67 games this season — but let’s just say his outgoing personality isn’t for everyone.
“I’m emotional,” he admitted in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. [P.K. Subban] gets into trouble. [Patrick Kane] gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more.”
And Ho-Sang had this to say to ESPN the Magazine: “You look at Patrick Kane, he’s having a good time. He’s getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he’d say ’10,’ [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell. The bottle’s popping, all this stuff. He’s absolutely hammered at all the parades. That’s hilarious. These guys are having a blast.”
Which isn’t typically what prospects say before they’ve been drafted.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25