Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Joshua Ho-Sang predicted that, in three years, he’ll “be the best player in this draft.” If true, the New York Islanders got themselves quite a steal today, because they were able to get the 18-year-old scoring sensation with the 28th selection, after acquiring the pick in a trade with Tampa Bay.
There’s no denying Ho-Sang’s talent — he led OHL Windsor with 85 points in 67 games this season — but let’s just say his outgoing personality isn’t for everyone.
“I’m emotional,” he admitted in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. [P.K. Subban] gets into trouble. [Patrick Kane] gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more.”
And Ho-Sang had this to say to ESPN the Magazine: “You look at Patrick Kane, he’s having a good time. He’s getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he’d say ’10,’ [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell. The bottle’s popping, all this stuff. He’s absolutely hammered at all the parades. That’s hilarious. These guys are having a blast.”
Which isn’t typically what prospects say before they’ve been drafted.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)