Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Joshua Ho-Sang predicted that, in three years, he’ll “be the best player in this draft.” If true, the New York Islanders got themselves quite a steal today, because they were able to get the 18-year-old scoring sensation with the 28th selection, after acquiring the pick in a trade with Tampa Bay.
There’s no denying Ho-Sang’s talent — he led OHL Windsor with 85 points in 67 games this season — but let’s just say his outgoing personality isn’t for everyone.
“I’m emotional,” he admitted in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. [P.K. Subban] gets into trouble. [Patrick Kane] gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more.”
And Ho-Sang had this to say to ESPN the Magazine: “You look at Patrick Kane, he’s having a good time. He’s getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he’d say ’10,’ [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell. The bottle’s popping, all this stuff. He’s absolutely hammered at all the parades. That’s hilarious. These guys are having a blast.”
Which isn’t typically what prospects say before they’ve been drafted.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)