PHT’s 2014 NHL Entry Draft tracker

Jun 27, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT

PHILADELPHIA — Hello, and welcome to the draft.

Brough and I are on location for what’s going to be a fun night. Below, we’ll keep running track of all the first-round picks as they’re made; we’ll also be updating the site throughout the evening for all the developments, rumors and rumblings from the draft floor.

Round 1

1. Florida Panthers: Aaron Ekblad, D, OHL Barrie (link)

2. Buffalo Sabres: Sam Reinhart, F, WHL Kootenay (link)

3. Edmonton Oilers: Leon Draisaitl, F, WHL Prince Albert (link)

4. Calgary Flames: Sam Bennett, F, OHL Kingston

5. New York Islanders: Michael Dal Colle, F, OHL Oshawa

6. Vancouver Canucks: Jake Virtanen, F, WHL Calgary

7. Carolina Hurricanes: Haydn Fleury, D, WHL Red Deer

8. Toronto Maple Leafs: William Nylander, F, MODO (Sweden)

9. Winnipeg Jets: Nikolaj Ehlers, F, QMJHL Halifax

10. Anaheim Ducks: Nick Ritchie, F, OHL Peterborough

11: Nashville Predators: Kevin Fiala, F, HV71 (Sweden)

12: Arizona Coyotes: Brendan Perlini, F, OHL Niagara

13: Washington Capitals: Jakub Vrana, F, Linkoping (Sweden)

14: Dallas Stars: Julius Honka, D, WHL Swift Current

15: Detroit Red Wings: Dylan Larkin, F, US National Team Development Program

16: Columbus Blue Jackets: Sonny Milano, F, US National Team Development Program

17: Philadelphia Flyers: Travis Sanheim, D, WHL Calgary

18: Minnesota Wild: Alex Tuch, F, US National Team Development Program

19: Tampa Bay Lightning: Anthony DeAngelo, D, OHL Sarnia

20: Chicago Blackhawks (acquired from San Jose): Nick Schmaltz, F, USHL Green Bay

21: St. Louis Blues: Robert Fabbri, F, OHL Guelph

22: Pittsburgh Penguins: Kasperi Kapanen, F, KalPa (Finland)

23: Colorado Avalanche: Conner Bleackley, F, WHL Red Deer

24: Vancouver Canucks: Jared McCann, F, OHL Sault Ste. Marie

25: Boston Bruins: David Pastrnak, F, Södertälje (Sweden)

26. Montreal Canadiens: Nikita Sherbak, F, WHL Saskatoon

27. San Jose Sharks: Nikolay Goldobin, F, OHL Sarnia

28. New York Islanders: Joshua Ho-Sang, F, OHL Windsor

29. Los Angeles: Adrian Kempe, F, MODO (Sweden)

30. New Jersey Devils: John Quenneville, F, WHL Brandon

1. lowenni - Jun 27, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Ekblad…the next Erik Johnson.

2. timmons94 - Jun 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Stay class filthy fans… Can u say pathetic ? Only in filthy

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Should be class-y.. but English may not be your first language. Are you referring to booing Bettman.. i hope you aren’t because you would be tagging yourself a bystander and not a fan of the NHL scene. Most fans.. and cities don’t like Bettman.. or well.. Philly either.. but..

And its Philthy.. God your a putz.

• handsofsweed - Jun 27, 2014 at 7:49 PM

You just misspelled “you’re.” Maybe English isn’t your first language?

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for pointing that our while I was correcting someone else…I hope that feel better when you look in the mirror.. correcting my grammar as you had nothing else witty to say….

Man I miss the old days when Rod would score and on the NHL series and the game would sound off with: goal scored by # 17 “Rooooooood….Brrrrrrinnnnnnddaammmmooooooooooooorrr.”

But I thumbed you up.. as im sure that is important to you.. thanks for playing.

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM

My god you are thumbing down.. “Rod the Bod’… wow.. you all must be Pittsburghians or Yuttzers.. isn’t that what they call themselves.. Yutz’s..

Isn’t important.. thanks for dealing Neal.. he was a threat..

• lordstanley65 - Jun 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Naah..I thumbed you up. That was fricken hilarious! A great blast from the past as well.

• mwpugs - Jun 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM

@handsofweed where is you’re misspelled? You’re = you are… Using ” you’re” in that instance would be incorrect. If you choose to correct someone please be sure to do so correctly.

3. zetaone - Jun 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Welcome to Buffalo Sam Reinhart!! I was seriously worried Florida would snatch him up.

4. flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Sleeper.. thanks Pittsburgh for making a trade.. I hope both of them suck.. but thanks for breaking up the monotony..

5. ronniethec - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Philly fans. They do have a lot of class….all low. In fact the most classless fNs in sports. One GM said congrats to the Kings and, of course, the Philly fans booed. But I guess that is to be expected since they really don’t have much to cheer for. But in L. A. It’s a different story. GKG!

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM

What a faqin sleeper this draft.. just like last trade deadline.. dead.

And for all of you that complain that Philly boo’s everyone..every other team boos their rivals.. philly just knows that everyone hates them..so they boo everyone..

If this is troublesome you should contemplate a thicker version of feminine hygiene products or male incontinence products. Not judging.. just suggesting as yours may below par..

To Ronnie the S’C’kvnt..im sure im not off par. Make sure you don’t fall off that bandwagon..its relatively new to the NHL in terms of success.. think a minute.. it will come to you.

6. mattsening - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Ronnie, how long you been a kings fan? Since 2011?

7. ronniethec - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Bought my season seats in 1972 still have them. Any other questions?

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

LA right? You bought them and started attending when they traded for Gretz..or.. when they won the Cup or the whole time.. please say the whole time..

If you are I am sooooo glad you have the opportunity to finally feel unashamed of those tickets.. kudos.. and I am sure that they have gone up from $10 a seat for a year haven’t they.. just guessing..

• arrow43050 - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Do you think there is one person on this entire planet who actually cares when you bought your season tickets?

• bullwinkle88 - Jun 28, 2014 at 3:26 AM

He was referring to a comment above his, doofus.

8. joewilliesshnoz - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Philly sucks, I hope I spelled that right.

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

So the whole city.. not the fans.. or the traffic.. or locale.. or teams.. the WHOLE city. Brilliant.. and yes..Phillydelphia was spelled correctly.

9. ronniethec - Jun 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Flyersfan85. You Need to get a life. I have probably seen more hockey in my life than you could imagine. The money I have spent on hockey could buy a house. So sit back and enjoy your 3 playoff wins this past season. One word buddy….SCOREBOARD.

• flyersfan85 - Jun 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Im not denying you could buy a house. I mean I did with my money..I was too busy doing other things to attend games (I will spare you the details).

And as I was born a year after you started buying you season tickets..yes..you have seen more hockey then I..

Truth be told I was just having some fun with you cause your an angry troll.. gratz to the Kings..and yoy should have m8re respect for us as we feed you more then Manchester does..tgats your affiliate team..just saying..

Three words buddy..KEEP ON TROLLIN. Although I missed your idea with scoreboard..did we play tonight? Ah..im just kidden with ya..your like my grandad with some sorta dimensia or something..your awesome..have a great draft..

10. ronniethec - Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Thanks flyersfan. It’s all in good fun. Bottom line… We are all hockey fans.

11. lennaykekua - Jun 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I guess the only way to get drafted is by playing junior hockey in Canada.

• avscup - Jun 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Or maybe being a very good hockey player? 10 of 30 1st round picks played elsewhere. 33% of the draft. Only one QMJHL player. Not sure your point but yes, the early rounds support

12. avscup - Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM

^^^CHL

13. skolvikesskol - Jun 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Hockey has a draft? Is it televised? For real?!

Top 10 NHL Player Searches