Jun 27, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
A pending restricted free agent, Morin had five goals and six assists in 24 regular-season games for Chicago in 2013-14. The 23-year-old also appeared in two playoff games for the ‘Hawks, failing to notch a point. In the AHL, he had 24 goals and 23 assists in 47 games with Rockford.
Morin was drafted 45th overall in 2009 by the Atlanta Thrashers. He was traded to Chicago in 2010 as part of the Dustin Byfuglien deal.
Despite chances, Morin has yet to cement himself as a full-time NHLer — something he’ll try to do again next season.
Update: Morin will earn $1.6 million over the life of his contract, per TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
Related: Blackhawks re-sign Ben Smith, Raanta
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11