Jun 27, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
A pending restricted free agent, Morin had five goals and six assists in 24 regular-season games for Chicago in 2013-14. The 23-year-old also appeared in two playoff games for the ‘Hawks, failing to notch a point. In the AHL, he had 24 goals and 23 assists in 47 games with Rockford.
Morin was drafted 45th overall in 2009 by the Atlanta Thrashers. He was traded to Chicago in 2010 as part of the Dustin Byfuglien deal.
Despite chances, Morin has yet to cement himself as a full-time NHLer — something he’ll try to do again next season.
Update: Morin will earn $1.6 million over the life of his contract, per TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
Related: Blackhawks re-sign Ben Smith, Raanta
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)