Jun 27, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
A pending restricted free agent, Morin had five goals and six assists in 24 regular-season games for Chicago in 2013-14. The 23-year-old also appeared in two playoff games for the ‘Hawks, failing to notch a point. In the AHL, he had 24 goals and 23 assists in 47 games with Rockford.
Morin was drafted 45th overall in 2009 by the Atlanta Thrashers. He was traded to Chicago in 2010 as part of the Dustin Byfuglien deal.
Despite chances, Morin has yet to cement himself as a full-time NHLer — something he’ll try to do again next season.
Update: Morin will earn $1.6 million over the life of his contract, per TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
Related: Blackhawks re-sign Ben Smith, Raanta
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)