Jun 27, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
A pending restricted free agent, Morin had five goals and six assists in 24 regular-season games for Chicago in 2013-14. The 23-year-old also appeared in two playoff games for the ‘Hawks, failing to notch a point. In the AHL, he had 24 goals and 23 assists in 47 games with Rockford.
Morin was drafted 45th overall in 2009 by the Atlanta Thrashers. He was traded to Chicago in 2010 as part of the Dustin Byfuglien deal.
Despite chances, Morin has yet to cement himself as a full-time NHLer — something he’ll try to do again next season.
Update: Morin will earn $1.6 million over the life of his contract, per TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
Related: Blackhawks re-sign Ben Smith, Raanta
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)