Jun 27, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
A pending restricted free agent, Morin had five goals and six assists in 24 regular-season games for Chicago in 2013-14. The 23-year-old also appeared in two playoff games for the ‘Hawks, failing to notch a point. In the AHL, he had 24 goals and 23 assists in 47 games with Rockford.
Morin was drafted 45th overall in 2009 by the Atlanta Thrashers. He was traded to Chicago in 2010 as part of the Dustin Byfuglien deal.
Despite chances, Morin has yet to cement himself as a full-time NHLer — something he’ll try to do again next season.
Update: Morin will earn $1.6 million over the life of his contract, per TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
Related: Blackhawks re-sign Ben Smith, Raanta
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)