Jun 27, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have hired Lane Lambert to serve as an assistant coach, per the Monumental Network. He is already very familiar with head coach Barry Trotz after spending the previous three seasons as an assistant with Nashville.
Lambert’s duties with the Predators included overseeing the team’s penalty kill and forwards. The Capitals’ other recent hire, assistant coach Todd Reirden, previously worked with defensemen and the power-play units with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Before becoming an assistant coach with Nashville, he was the bench boss of its AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals. The Admirals had a 178-103-39 record under him and allowed the second fewest goals of any team over his tenure.
Nashville’s penalty kill finished 25th and 29th in 2013-14 and the shortened campaign respectively, but it ranked 10th in 2011-12 with a 83.6% success rate.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)