Jun 27, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have hired Lane Lambert to serve as an assistant coach, per the Monumental Network. He is already very familiar with head coach Barry Trotz after spending the previous three seasons as an assistant with Nashville.
Lambert’s duties with the Predators included overseeing the team’s penalty kill and forwards. The Capitals’ other recent hire, assistant coach Todd Reirden, previously worked with defensemen and the power-play units with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Before becoming an assistant coach with Nashville, he was the bench boss of its AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals. The Admirals had a 178-103-39 record under him and allowed the second fewest goals of any team over his tenure.
Nashville’s penalty kill finished 25th and 29th in 2013-14 and the shortened campaign respectively, but it ranked 10th in 2011-12 with a 83.6% success rate.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)