Jun 27, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have hired Lane Lambert to serve as an assistant coach, per the Monumental Network. He is already very familiar with head coach Barry Trotz after spending the previous three seasons as an assistant with Nashville.
Lambert’s duties with the Predators included overseeing the team’s penalty kill and forwards. The Capitals’ other recent hire, assistant coach Todd Reirden, previously worked with defensemen and the power-play units with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Before becoming an assistant coach with Nashville, he was the bench boss of its AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals. The Admirals had a 178-103-39 record under him and allowed the second fewest goals of any team over his tenure.
Nashville’s penalty kill finished 25th and 29th in 2013-14 and the shortened campaign respectively, but it ranked 10th in 2011-12 with a 83.6% success rate.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)