Jun 27, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
14 — Number of Canadian-born players. (Though William Nylander, picked eighth by Toronto, plays internationally for Sweden.)
5 — Number of American-born players. The first one wasn’t taken until the Red Wings selected Dylan Larkin with the 15th pick.
2 — Number of Russian-born players. Nikita Scherbak and Nikolay Goldobin went 26th and 27th to Montreal and San Jose, respectively.
25 — Number of forwards drafted, with just five defenseman and no goalies. Last year, the split was 21 forwards and nine d-men. In 2012, it was 15 forwards, 13 d-men, and two goalies.
7 — Number of players listed at 200 pounds or more. Nicholas Ritchie (Anaheim, No. 10) is the heaviest, at 226. Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg, No. 9) is the lightest, at 162.
186.1 — The average weight of each draftee.
19 — Number of players listed at six foot or higher. The three tallest players — Aaron Ekblad, Travis Sanheim, and Alex Tuch — are 6-foot-3. The shortest players (four of them) are 5-foot-10.
10 — Number of OHL products, the most of any league. The WHL was second among the three CHL leagues, with nine. The QMJHL had just one player selected (Ehlers, Halifax).
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)