Jun 27, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
14 — Number of Canadian-born players. (Though William Nylander, picked eighth by Toronto, plays internationally for Sweden.)
5 — Number of American-born players. The first one wasn’t taken until the Red Wings selected Dylan Larkin with the 15th pick.
2 — Number of Russian-born players. Nikita Scherbak and Nikolay Goldobin went 26th and 27th to Montreal and San Jose, respectively.
25 — Number of forwards drafted, with just five defenseman and no goalies. Last year, the split was 21 forwards and nine d-men. In 2012, it was 15 forwards, 13 d-men, and two goalies.
7 — Number of players listed at 200 pounds or more. Nicholas Ritchie (Anaheim, No. 10) is the heaviest, at 226. Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg, No. 9) is the lightest, at 162.
186.1 — The average weight of each draftee.
19 — Number of players listed at six foot or higher. The three tallest players — Aaron Ekblad, Travis Sanheim, and Alex Tuch — are 6-foot-3. The shortest players (four of them) are 5-foot-10.
10 — Number of OHL products, the most of any league. The WHL was second among the three CHL leagues, with nine. The QMJHL had just one player selected (Ehlers, Halifax).
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)