Jun 27, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
14 — Number of Canadian-born players. (Though William Nylander, picked eighth by Toronto, plays internationally for Sweden.)
5 — Number of American-born players. The first one wasn’t taken until the Red Wings selected Dylan Larkin with the 15th pick.
2 — Number of Russian-born players. Nikita Scherbak and Nikolay Goldobin went 26th and 27th to Montreal and San Jose, respectively.
25 — Number of forwards drafted, with just five defenseman and no goalies. Last year, the split was 21 forwards and nine d-men. In 2012, it was 15 forwards, 13 d-men, and two goalies.
7 — Number of players listed at 200 pounds or more. Nicholas Ritchie (Anaheim, No. 10) is the heaviest, at 226. Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg, No. 9) is the lightest, at 162.
186.1 — The average weight of each draftee.
19 — Number of players listed at six foot or higher. The three tallest players — Aaron Ekblad, Travis Sanheim, and Alex Tuch — are 6-foot-3. The shortest players (four of them) are 5-foot-10.
10 — Number of OHL products, the most of any league. The WHL was second among the three CHL leagues, with nine. The QMJHL had just one player selected (Ehlers, Halifax).
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)