Jun 27, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
14 — Number of Canadian-born players. (Though William Nylander, picked eighth by Toronto, plays internationally for Sweden.)
5 — Number of American-born players. The first one wasn’t taken until the Red Wings selected Dylan Larkin with the 15th pick.
2 — Number of Russian-born players. Nikita Scherbak and Nikolay Goldobin went 26th and 27th to Montreal and San Jose, respectively.
25 — Number of forwards drafted, with just five defenseman and no goalies. Last year, the split was 21 forwards and nine d-men. In 2012, it was 15 forwards, 13 d-men, and two goalies.
7 — Number of players listed at 200 pounds or more. Nicholas Ritchie (Anaheim, No. 10) is the heaviest, at 226. Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg, No. 9) is the lightest, at 162.
186.1 — The average weight of each draftee.
19 — Number of players listed at six foot or higher. The three tallest players — Aaron Ekblad, Travis Sanheim, and Alex Tuch — are 6-foot-3. The shortest players (four of them) are 5-foot-10.
10 — Number of OHL products, the most of any league. The WHL was second among the three CHL leagues, with nine. The QMJHL had just one player selected (Ehlers, Halifax).
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)