Jun 26, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
The trade rumor mill is in full swing the night before the 2014 NHL Draft, yet it’s anyone’s guess if any big deals will happen – particularly for significant centers like Jason Spezza – as sides differ on price points.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray admits that he wants more than what suitors are offering for his team’s current captain.
Plenty of teams seem interested, especially if the Senators ease their asking price down a bit. The St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks are among the many teams connected to the Spezza chase (along with the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes), though it’s anyone’s guess if those GMs can get a deal done.
The Blackhawks are considered the team that’s most aggressively pursuing a move at this moment, yet these situations can change quickly.
TSN presents an interesting scenario: the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about adding the 31-year-old, even if it would only be with the intention of flipping him in a different deal.
Will we see a compromise? We’ll find out soon enough (unless these sagas extend beyond the draft and through the summer, of course).
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)