Jun 26, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
The trade rumor mill is in full swing the night before the 2014 NHL Draft, yet it’s anyone’s guess if any big deals will happen – particularly for significant centers like Jason Spezza – as sides differ on price points.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray admits that he wants more than what suitors are offering for his team’s current captain.
Plenty of teams seem interested, especially if the Senators ease their asking price down a bit. The St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks are among the many teams connected to the Spezza chase (along with the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes), though it’s anyone’s guess if those GMs can get a deal done.
The Blackhawks are considered the team that’s most aggressively pursuing a move at this moment, yet these situations can change quickly.
TSN presents an interesting scenario: the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about adding the 31-year-old, even if it would only be with the intention of flipping him in a different deal.
Will we see a compromise? We’ll find out soon enough (unless these sagas extend beyond the draft and through the summer, of course).
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)