Jun 26, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
The trade rumor mill is in full swing the night before the 2014 NHL Draft, yet it’s anyone’s guess if any big deals will happen – particularly for significant centers like Jason Spezza – as sides differ on price points.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray admits that he wants more than what suitors are offering for his team’s current captain.
Plenty of teams seem interested, especially if the Senators ease their asking price down a bit. The St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks are among the many teams connected to the Spezza chase (along with the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes), though it’s anyone’s guess if those GMs can get a deal done.
The Blackhawks are considered the team that’s most aggressively pursuing a move at this moment, yet these situations can change quickly.
TSN presents an interesting scenario: the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about adding the 31-year-old, even if it would only be with the intention of flipping him in a different deal.
Will we see a compromise? We’ll find out soon enough (unless these sagas extend beyond the draft and through the summer, of course).
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)