Jun 26, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
The trade rumor mill is in full swing the night before the 2014 NHL Draft, yet it’s anyone’s guess if any big deals will happen – particularly for significant centers like Jason Spezza – as sides differ on price points.
Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray admits that he wants more than what suitors are offering for his team’s current captain.
Plenty of teams seem interested, especially if the Senators ease their asking price down a bit. The St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks are among the many teams connected to the Spezza chase (along with the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes), though it’s anyone’s guess if those GMs can get a deal done.
The Blackhawks are considered the team that’s most aggressively pursuing a move at this moment, yet these situations can change quickly.
TSN presents an interesting scenario: the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about adding the 31-year-old, even if it would only be with the intention of flipping him in a different deal.
Will we see a compromise? We’ll find out soon enough (unless these sagas extend beyond the draft and through the summer, of course).
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 19
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5