Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
This offseason features a more open interview window between pending free agents and potential new teams, which introduces a fun new narrative: news about the number of franchises inquiring about players.
LeBrun mentions that the 28-year-old won’t take less than the $6.6 million cap hit that’s about to expire. It’s unclear how many of those 15 suitors are willing to ante up that much dough, but one could assume that at least a few teams would be willing to meet those demands (if not blow them away).
The numbers get dizzying when you consider all the sought-after players in free agency and trade rumors. As many as eight teams are barking up UFA Dan Boyle‘s tree. Ryan Kesler is the one who’s limiting his potential destinations, even if the Vancouver Canucks are getting a lot of calls. The Jason Spezza market seems sizzling in its own right … and those are just the targets who are drawing the most open attention.
It’s not technically official that Stastny and Bolland will find new teams, yet the writing seems to be on the wall.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)