Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
This offseason features a more open interview window between pending free agents and potential new teams, which introduces a fun new narrative: news about the number of franchises inquiring about players.
LeBrun mentions that the 28-year-old won’t take less than the $6.6 million cap hit that’s about to expire. It’s unclear how many of those 15 suitors are willing to ante up that much dough, but one could assume that at least a few teams would be willing to meet those demands (if not blow them away).
The numbers get dizzying when you consider all the sought-after players in free agency and trade rumors. As many as eight teams are barking up UFA Dan Boyle‘s tree. Ryan Kesler is the one who’s limiting his potential destinations, even if the Vancouver Canucks are getting a lot of calls. The Jason Spezza market seems sizzling in its own right … and those are just the targets who are drawing the most open attention.
It’s not technically official that Stastny and Bolland will find new teams, yet the writing seems to be on the wall.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)