Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
This offseason features a more open interview window between pending free agents and potential new teams, which introduces a fun new narrative: news about the number of franchises inquiring about players.
LeBrun mentions that the 28-year-old won’t take less than the $6.6 million cap hit that’s about to expire. It’s unclear how many of those 15 suitors are willing to ante up that much dough, but one could assume that at least a few teams would be willing to meet those demands (if not blow them away).
The numbers get dizzying when you consider all the sought-after players in free agency and trade rumors. As many as eight teams are barking up UFA Dan Boyle‘s tree. Ryan Kesler is the one who’s limiting his potential destinations, even if the Vancouver Canucks are getting a lot of calls. The Jason Spezza market seems sizzling in its own right … and those are just the targets who are drawing the most open attention.
It’s not technically official that Stastny and Bolland will find new teams, yet the writing seems to be on the wall.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)