Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN Washington:
One day after replacing Calle Johansson with former Penguins assistant coach Todd Reirden, the Caps are likely to add former Nashville Predators assistant Lane Lambert to Barry Trotz’ coaching staff, sources have told CSNWashington.com.
Lambert, who spent the past three seasons as an assistant coach under Trotz, is expected to replace Blaine Forsythe, who was hired as an assistant coach under Adam Oates last summer.
He is expected to assist Trotz with the Caps’ forwards and special teams.
According to the Preds’ website, Lambert’s responsibilities in Nashville included “running the team’s forward corps, in addition to heading up the penalty kill.”
The Preds’ PK ranked 25th last season and 29th the year before, but it was a strength in Lambert’s first season with the club, in 2011-12, when it ranked 10th.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5