Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
From our friends at CSN Washington:
One day after replacing Calle Johansson with former Penguins assistant coach Todd Reirden, the Caps are likely to add former Nashville Predators assistant Lane Lambert to Barry Trotz’ coaching staff, sources have told CSNWashington.com.
Lambert, who spent the past three seasons as an assistant coach under Trotz, is expected to replace Blaine Forsythe, who was hired as an assistant coach under Adam Oates last summer.
He is expected to assist Trotz with the Caps’ forwards and special teams.
According to the Preds’ website, Lambert’s responsibilities in Nashville included “running the team’s forward corps, in addition to heading up the penalty kill.”
The Preds’ PK ranked 25th last season and 29th the year before, but it was a strength in Lambert’s first season with the club, in 2011-12, when it ranked 10th.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)