Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN Washington:
One day after replacing Calle Johansson with former Penguins assistant coach Todd Reirden, the Caps are likely to add former Nashville Predators assistant Lane Lambert to Barry Trotz’ coaching staff, sources have told CSNWashington.com.
Lambert, who spent the past three seasons as an assistant coach under Trotz, is expected to replace Blaine Forsythe, who was hired as an assistant coach under Adam Oates last summer.
He is expected to assist Trotz with the Caps’ forwards and special teams.
According to the Preds’ website, Lambert’s responsibilities in Nashville included “running the team’s forward corps, in addition to heading up the penalty kill.”
The Preds’ PK ranked 25th last season and 29th the year before, but it was a strength in Lambert’s first season with the club, in 2011-12, when it ranked 10th.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)