Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN Washington:
One day after replacing Calle Johansson with former Penguins assistant coach Todd Reirden, the Caps are likely to add former Nashville Predators assistant Lane Lambert to Barry Trotz’ coaching staff, sources have told CSNWashington.com.
Lambert, who spent the past three seasons as an assistant coach under Trotz, is expected to replace Blaine Forsythe, who was hired as an assistant coach under Adam Oates last summer.
He is expected to assist Trotz with the Caps’ forwards and special teams.
According to the Preds’ website, Lambert’s responsibilities in Nashville included “running the team’s forward corps, in addition to heading up the penalty kill.”
The Preds’ PK ranked 25th last season and 29th the year before, but it was a strength in Lambert’s first season with the club, in 2011-12, when it ranked 10th.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)