Jun 25, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
This summer was already shaping up to be a busy one for the Ottawa Senators, but now they’ll have another potential free agent forward to keep tabs on.
According to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen, Senators forward Milan Michalek will take advantage of the NHL’s interview window for potential unrestricted free agents and see what’s potentially out there.
Michalek, 29, reportedly wants to stay in Ottawa, but the opportunity to see what may be out on the market from other teams is situation he’s taking advantage of. His agent, Allan Walsh, told Scanlan they’re not looking for anything “stupid” in terms of a deal.
Seeing him explore what’s out there puts the Sens in a potentially tough spot.
The team is looking to move Jason Spezza and potential free agent Ales Hemsky reportedly broke off contract talks with the team. Those two along with Michalek made up what was Ottawa’s top line at the end of last season.
Considering the Sens missed the playoffs with them, they’d be in dire need of help should they move on without them.
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 0
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 26
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 68
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)