Jun 25, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
This summer was already shaping up to be a busy one for the Ottawa Senators, but now they’ll have another potential free agent forward to keep tabs on.
According to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen, Senators forward Milan Michalek will take advantage of the NHL’s interview window for potential unrestricted free agents and see what’s potentially out there.
Michalek, 29, reportedly wants to stay in Ottawa, but the opportunity to see what may be out on the market from other teams is situation he’s taking advantage of. His agent, Allan Walsh, told Scanlan they’re not looking for anything “stupid” in terms of a deal.
Seeing him explore what’s out there puts the Sens in a potentially tough spot.
The team is looking to move Jason Spezza and potential free agent Ales Hemsky reportedly broke off contract talks with the team. Those two along with Michalek made up what was Ottawa’s top line at the end of last season.
Considering the Sens missed the playoffs with them, they’d be in dire need of help should they move on without them.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)