Jun 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
Like Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau is already on record as saying he wants to stay in San Jose. Both of them have no-movement clauses and after consulting with each other, Marleau thinks that the two will start the 2014-15 campaign with the Sharks.
The team’s under pressure to make changes though after their first round collapse to the Los Angeles Kings boiled over frustrations stemming from years of disappointing showings in the playoffs. It sounds like there are Sharks players that want to see changes too, as some of them told Sharks GM Doug Wilson that the team was a group of “co-workers and not teammates,” per CSN Bay Area.
Marleau said it’s something they’re looking at and acknowledged that you can get more out of a tight-knit team, but he also doesn’t “see it as a big thing.”
“Obviously, you want to have a close-knit team,” Marleau added. “I think there are certain things that we can do as an organization to make that happen, whether it’s going out and having a get-away together, and team bonding. Things like that.”
Either way, Marleau is eager to get back into the playoffs in the hopes that 2015 will be the year that the Sharks redeem themselves.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)