Jun 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Like Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau is already on record as saying he wants to stay in San Jose. Both of them have no-movement clauses and after consulting with each other, Marleau thinks that the two will start the 2014-15 campaign with the Sharks.
The team’s under pressure to make changes though after their first round collapse to the Los Angeles Kings boiled over frustrations stemming from years of disappointing showings in the playoffs. It sounds like there are Sharks players that want to see changes too, as some of them told Sharks GM Doug Wilson that the team was a group of “co-workers and not teammates,” per CSN Bay Area.
Marleau said it’s something they’re looking at and acknowledged that you can get more out of a tight-knit team, but he also doesn’t “see it as a big thing.”
“Obviously, you want to have a close-knit team,” Marleau added. “I think there are certain things that we can do as an organization to make that happen, whether it’s going out and having a get-away together, and team bonding. Things like that.”
Either way, Marleau is eager to get back into the playoffs in the hopes that 2015 will be the year that the Sharks redeem themselves.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)