Jun 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Like Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau is already on record as saying he wants to stay in San Jose. Both of them have no-movement clauses and after consulting with each other, Marleau thinks that the two will start the 2014-15 campaign with the Sharks.
The team’s under pressure to make changes though after their first round collapse to the Los Angeles Kings boiled over frustrations stemming from years of disappointing showings in the playoffs. It sounds like there are Sharks players that want to see changes too, as some of them told Sharks GM Doug Wilson that the team was a group of “co-workers and not teammates,” per CSN Bay Area.
Marleau said it’s something they’re looking at and acknowledged that you can get more out of a tight-knit team, but he also doesn’t “see it as a big thing.”
“Obviously, you want to have a close-knit team,” Marleau added. “I think there are certain things that we can do as an organization to make that happen, whether it’s going out and having a get-away together, and team bonding. Things like that.”
Either way, Marleau is eager to get back into the playoffs in the hopes that 2015 will be the year that the Sharks redeem themselves.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)