Jun 25, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
While it probably won’t have the same impact as Ryan Callahan‘s whopper of an extension, the Tampa Bay Lightning continued a busy Wednesday of re-signings by locking up J.T. Brown to a two-year deal worth $1.9 million.
Brown’s offensive production is modest (four goals, 19 points in 63 games), but he’s a player who produces nice possession stats. He’s also just 23, so it’s more than reasonable to believe that he can improve on his scoring stats in the two years of this contract.
Some might quibble with his -9 rating in the regular season and -3 mark from the postseason, yet others rave about the value of this deal.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)