Jun 25, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
If you haven’t heard about Windsor Spitfires forward Josh Ho-Sang, you’ll get to hear about him plenty during the 2014 NHL Draft.
Ho-Sang is ranked 22nd by NHL Central Scouting. While that slates him to potentially be a first-round pick this year, he believes he’s got the ability to make him No. 1 overall as Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun shared.
“The Leafs have said they want to move up to pick first,” Ho-Sang said. “Well, they can stay at eight and still get the No. 1 pick.”
He had 32 goals and 85 points for the Spitfires this past season to lead the team in scoring in just his second season in the OHL. He’s got speed and plays a tenacious game.
While he’s not likely going to be first overall, the question will be where he gets picked. He could go anywhere from in the Top 10 to early in the second-round. At the very least, he’s a guy worth keeping an eye on to see if he can back up his confident claims.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 5
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)