Jun 25, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard about Windsor Spitfires forward Josh Ho-Sang, you’ll get to hear about him plenty during the 2014 NHL Draft.
Ho-Sang is ranked 22nd by NHL Central Scouting. While that slates him to potentially be a first-round pick this year, he believes he’s got the ability to make him No. 1 overall as Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun shared.
“The Leafs have said they want to move up to pick first,” Ho-Sang said. “Well, they can stay at eight and still get the No. 1 pick.”
He had 32 goals and 85 points for the Spitfires this past season to lead the team in scoring in just his second season in the OHL. He’s got speed and plays a tenacious game.
While he’s not likely going to be first overall, the question will be where he gets picked. He could go anywhere from in the Top 10 to early in the second-round. At the very least, he’s a guy worth keeping an eye on to see if he can back up his confident claims.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)