Jun 25, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard about Windsor Spitfires forward Josh Ho-Sang, you’ll get to hear about him plenty during the 2014 NHL Draft.
Ho-Sang is ranked 22nd by NHL Central Scouting. While that slates him to potentially be a first-round pick this year, he believes he’s got the ability to make him No. 1 overall as Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun shared.
“The Leafs have said they want to move up to pick first,” Ho-Sang said. “Well, they can stay at eight and still get the No. 1 pick.”
He had 32 goals and 85 points for the Spitfires this past season to lead the team in scoring in just his second season in the OHL. He’s got speed and plays a tenacious game.
While he’s not likely going to be first overall, the question will be where he gets picked. He could go anywhere from in the Top 10 to early in the second-round. At the very least, he’s a guy worth keeping an eye on to see if he can back up his confident claims.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)