Jun 25, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
Reirden was an assistant in Pittsburgh for the past four seasons, mostly working with the team’s defensemen and power-play units. He was also Dan Bylsma’s replacement for two seasons with the team’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton before joining Bylsma’s staff at the NHL level.
The 43-year-old played 183 NHL games in his career after being a 12th-round pick.
Barry Trotz’s coaching staff is really starting to come together in Washington. Along with adding Reirden, Trotz made sure to bring over his respected goalie coach Mitch Korn from the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.
With the front office picture being clarified, the Capitals can now focus on furnishing Trotz & Co. with the kind of players who align with their vision.
(Main image via the Capitals.)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)