Jun 24, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has undergone surgery to repair wrist damage, the club revealed on Tuesday.
The Kings confirmed the procedure after a report from Yahoo Sports said parents with kids enrolled in Quick’s summer goaltending camp received an email that the 28-year-old goalie wouldn’t be in attendance following “emergency surgery.”
Per Yahoo, that email said Quick was hurt in the Stanley Cup Final versus New York, but the Kings said he was actually injured during their second round playoff series against Anaheim. They also confirmed it was indeed a wrist injury, but failed to specify if it was right or left.
The O.C. Register reports that Quick will be out 10-12 weeks rehabbing and that, should training camp open in mid-September — 11 weeks from now — he could be sidelined for the start.
It won’t be the first time the ’12 Conn Smythe winner faces a long summer of rehab. Following L.A.’s first championship win, Quick underwent back surgery that sidelined him through November, though he didn’t miss any training camp or game action due to the lockout.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 16
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)