Jun 24, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has undergone surgery to repair wrist damage, the club revealed on Tuesday.
The Kings confirmed the procedure after a report from Yahoo Sports said parents with kids enrolled in Quick’s summer goaltending camp received an email that the 28-year-old goalie wouldn’t be in attendance following “emergency surgery.”
Per Yahoo, that email said Quick was hurt in the Stanley Cup Final versus New York, but the Kings said he was actually injured during their second round playoff series against Anaheim. They also confirmed it was indeed a wrist injury, but failed to specify if it was right or left.
The O.C. Register reports that Quick will be out 10-12 weeks rehabbing and that, should training camp open in mid-September — 11 weeks from now — he could be sidelined for the start.
It won’t be the first time the ’12 Conn Smythe winner faces a long summer of rehab. Following L.A.’s first championship win, Quick underwent back surgery that sidelined him through November, though he didn’t miss any training camp or game action due to the lockout.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)