Jun 24, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has undergone surgery to repair wrist damage, the club revealed on Tuesday.
The Kings confirmed the procedure after a report from Yahoo Sports said parents with kids enrolled in Quick’s summer goaltending camp received an email that the 28-year-old goalie wouldn’t be in attendance following “emergency surgery.”
Per Yahoo, that email said Quick was hurt in the Stanley Cup Final versus New York, but the Kings said he was actually injured during their second round playoff series against Anaheim. They also confirmed it was indeed a wrist injury, but failed to specify if it was right or left.
The O.C. Register reports that Quick will be out 10-12 weeks rehabbing and that, should training camp open in mid-September — 11 weeks from now — he could be sidelined for the start.
It won’t be the first time the ’12 Conn Smythe winner faces a long summer of rehab. Following L.A.’s first championship win, Quick underwent back surgery that sidelined him through November, though he didn’t miss any training camp or game action due to the lockout.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)