Jun 24, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat have been named to the NHL’s 2014 All-Rookie team, giving the Tampa Bay Lightning such an honor after finishing the season among the top three in scoring for first-year players.
Nathan MacKinnon,who took home the Calder Trophy earlier in the evening, finished atop the rookie class in scoring with 24 goals and 63 points for the Colorado Avalanche. MacKinnon and Johnson each finished with the same number of goals. The Avalanche qualified for the post-season, winning the Central Division during the regular season.
MacKinnon, still only 18 years of age, was dynamic in the playoffs even though the Avalanche lost in the opening round. He finished with 10 points in seven post-season games.
After emerging on to the NHL scene in the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs for the Boston Bruins, Torey Krug was named to the All-Rookie team on defense, as was Hampus Lindholm of the Anaheim Ducks. In goal, Frederik Andersen, also from the Ducks, made the squad.
2013-14 NHL ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
GP W L OT GAA SV% SO
G Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks 28 20 5 0 2.29 .923 0
GP G A PTS TOI/G
D Torey Krug, Boston Bruins 79 14 26 40 17:30
D Hampus Lindholm, Anaheim Ducks 78 6 24 30 19:25
F Tyler Johnson, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 24 26 50 18:47
F Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche 82 24 39 63 17:20
F Ondrej Palat, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 23 36 59 18:02
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)