Jun 24, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat have been named to the NHL’s 2014 All-Rookie team, giving the Tampa Bay Lightning such an honor after finishing the season among the top three in scoring for first-year players.
Nathan MacKinnon,who took home the Calder Trophy earlier in the evening, finished atop the rookie class in scoring with 24 goals and 63 points for the Colorado Avalanche. MacKinnon and Johnson each finished with the same number of goals. The Avalanche qualified for the post-season, winning the Central Division during the regular season.
MacKinnon, still only 18 years of age, was dynamic in the playoffs even though the Avalanche lost in the opening round. He finished with 10 points in seven post-season games.
After emerging on to the NHL scene in the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs for the Boston Bruins, Torey Krug was named to the All-Rookie team on defense, as was Hampus Lindholm of the Anaheim Ducks. In goal, Frederik Andersen, also from the Ducks, made the squad.
2013-14 NHL ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
GP W L OT GAA SV% SO
G Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks 28 20 5 0 2.29 .923 0
GP G A PTS TOI/G
D Torey Krug, Boston Bruins 79 14 26 40 17:30
D Hampus Lindholm, Anaheim Ducks 78 6 24 30 19:25
F Tyler Johnson, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 24 26 50 18:47
F Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche 82 24 39 63 17:20
F Ondrej Palat, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 23 36 59 18:02
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)