Jun 24, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat have been named to the NHL’s 2014 All-Rookie team, giving the Tampa Bay Lightning such an honor after finishing the season among the top three in scoring for first-year players.
Nathan MacKinnon,who took home the Calder Trophy earlier in the evening, finished atop the rookie class in scoring with 24 goals and 63 points for the Colorado Avalanche. MacKinnon and Johnson each finished with the same number of goals. The Avalanche qualified for the post-season, winning the Central Division during the regular season.
MacKinnon, still only 18 years of age, was dynamic in the playoffs even though the Avalanche lost in the opening round. He finished with 10 points in seven post-season games.
After emerging on to the NHL scene in the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs for the Boston Bruins, Torey Krug was named to the All-Rookie team on defense, as was Hampus Lindholm of the Anaheim Ducks. In goal, Frederik Andersen, also from the Ducks, made the squad.
2013-14 NHL ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
GP W L OT GAA SV% SO
G Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks 28 20 5 0 2.29 .923 0
GP G A PTS TOI/G
D Torey Krug, Boston Bruins 79 14 26 40 17:30
D Hampus Lindholm, Anaheim Ducks 78 6 24 30 19:25
F Tyler Johnson, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 24 26 50 18:47
F Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche 82 24 39 63 17:20
F Ondrej Palat, Tampa Bay Lightning 82 23 36 59 18:02
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)