Jun 24, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
Kyle Cumiskey wants back in the NHL. And according to his agent, Ross Gurney, the smooth-skating defenseman has turned down five offers from teams in the KHL to show he’s serious.
An unrestricted free agent, Cumiskey, 27, has spent the last two seasons piling up points for Modo in Sweden. His last NHL stop, after appearing in 132 games for Colorado, was with the Ducks organization: however, he never played a game for Anaheim, and, well, to make a long story short, his contract with the club was eventually terminated.
Cumiskey had 60 points in 91 games for Modo. For an NHL team in search of an inexpensive puck-moving defenseman with potential upside, he’s an option.
“His speed and puck distribution is where the game is headed,” Gurney texted PHT, adding that a couple of teams have checked in for a status update.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)