Jun 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
The pair of superstar forwards signed matching five-year, $31.5 million deals back in 2010 that expire next summer. It’s expected they’ll sign matching deals again this time around as well. As Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, Toews said he’s in discussions with GM Stan Bowman already and wants to stay for a long time.
“We don’t know what that process is going to entail exactly, but I think everyone knows we love Chicago and we understand how much we’ve been given by the organization and fans,” Toews said. “We want to be there for as long as we possibly can be — hopefully our entire careers. That’s the priority right there.”
Toews was the third overall pick in the NHL Draft by the Blackhawks in 2006 and Kane was the No. 1 pick by Chicago in 2007. Those two have been the dynamic duo there ever since and have won two Stanley Cups together.
While the two want to stay together, Toews admitted that both he and Kane have to do what’s best for themselves and their families. It’s hard to picture these two parting ways right when it seems like they’re just getting going terrorizing the league with their skills.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)