Jun 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
The pair of superstar forwards signed matching five-year, $31.5 million deals back in 2010 that expire next summer. It’s expected they’ll sign matching deals again this time around as well. As Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, Toews said he’s in discussions with GM Stan Bowman already and wants to stay for a long time.
“We don’t know what that process is going to entail exactly, but I think everyone knows we love Chicago and we understand how much we’ve been given by the organization and fans,” Toews said. “We want to be there for as long as we possibly can be — hopefully our entire careers. That’s the priority right there.”
Toews was the third overall pick in the NHL Draft by the Blackhawks in 2006 and Kane was the No. 1 pick by Chicago in 2007. Those two have been the dynamic duo there ever since and have won two Stanley Cups together.
While the two want to stay together, Toews admitted that both he and Kane have to do what’s best for themselves and their families. It’s hard to picture these two parting ways right when it seems like they’re just getting going terrorizing the league with their skills.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)