Jun 23, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed goalie Curtis McElhinney to a one-year contract extension.
McElhinney went 10-11-1 for C-bus last season, with a 2.70 goals-against average and .909 save percentage. The 31-year-old was a pending unrestricted free agent after making $600,000 to back up Sergei Bobrovsky in 2013-14.
According to the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle, the McElhinney signing leaves nine NHL teams without a back-up under contract for next season.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47