Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Leading up to the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Friday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Michael Dal Colle (LW)
Height: 6’2 Weight: 182 Shoots: Left
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 5 among North American skaters
What kind of player is he?
Dal Colle is first-and-foremost a goal scorer thanks to his fast release and willingness to drive to the net, but that’s not the extent of his abilities. He’s a hard working and disciplined winger that prides himself on playing a two-way game.
He’s still on the lanky side and might not be ready to play in the NHL next season, but Dal Colle has acknowledged that filling out his frame is something he’ll need to do in order to succeed in the NHL.
After playing in 67 regular season games with the Generals this season, Dal Colle had 39 goals and 95 points. He added another eight goals and 20 points in 12 playoff contests.
“He’s a money player,” Hurricanes director of amateur scouting Tony MacDonald told the team’s website. “When he has to step up in a big game, he usually can come up with that big goal.”
For more 2014 NHL Draft previews, click here.
Dal Colle is selected by the Islanders with the fifth overall pick
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)