Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Leading up to the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Friday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Michael Dal Colle (LW)
Height: 6’2 Weight: 182 Shoots: Left
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 5 among North American skaters
What kind of player is he?
Dal Colle is first-and-foremost a goal scorer thanks to his fast release and willingness to drive to the net, but that’s not the extent of his abilities. He’s a hard working and disciplined winger that prides himself on playing a two-way game.
He’s still on the lanky side and might not be ready to play in the NHL next season, but Dal Colle has acknowledged that filling out his frame is something he’ll need to do in order to succeed in the NHL.
After playing in 67 regular season games with the Generals this season, Dal Colle had 39 goals and 95 points. He added another eight goals and 20 points in 12 playoff contests.
“He’s a money player,” Hurricanes director of amateur scouting Tony MacDonald told the team’s website. “When he has to step up in a big game, he usually can come up with that big goal.”
For more 2014 NHL Draft previews, click here.
Dal Colle is selected by the Islanders with the fifth overall pick
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)