Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Leading up to the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Friday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Michael Dal Colle (LW)
Height: 6’2 Weight: 182 Shoots: Left
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 5 among North American skaters
What kind of player is he?
Dal Colle is first-and-foremost a goal scorer thanks to his fast release and willingness to drive to the net, but that’s not the extent of his abilities. He’s a hard working and disciplined winger that prides himself on playing a two-way game.
He’s still on the lanky side and might not be ready to play in the NHL next season, but Dal Colle has acknowledged that filling out his frame is something he’ll need to do in order to succeed in the NHL.
After playing in 67 regular season games with the Generals this season, Dal Colle had 39 goals and 95 points. He added another eight goals and 20 points in 12 playoff contests.
“He’s a money player,” Hurricanes director of amateur scouting Tony MacDonald told the team’s website. “When he has to step up in a big game, he usually can come up with that big goal.”
For more 2014 NHL Draft previews, click here.
Dal Colle is selected by the Islanders with the fifth overall pick
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)