Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Leading up to the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Friday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Michael Dal Colle (LW)
Height: 6’2 Weight: 182 Shoots: Left
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 5 among North American skaters
What kind of player is he?
Dal Colle is first-and-foremost a goal scorer thanks to his fast release and willingness to drive to the net, but that’s not the extent of his abilities. He’s a hard working and disciplined winger that prides himself on playing a two-way game.
He’s still on the lanky side and might not be ready to play in the NHL next season, but Dal Colle has acknowledged that filling out his frame is something he’ll need to do in order to succeed in the NHL.
After playing in 67 regular season games with the Generals this season, Dal Colle had 39 goals and 95 points. He added another eight goals and 20 points in 12 playoff contests.
“He’s a money player,” Hurricanes director of amateur scouting Tony MacDonald told the team’s website. “When he has to step up in a big game, he usually can come up with that big goal.”
For more 2014 NHL Draft previews, click here.
Dal Colle is selected by the Islanders with the fifth overall pick
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)