Jun 23, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli held a pre-draft conference call today, but not many of the questions he was asked had to do with the actual draft.
Instead, reporters were curious about the Bruins’ tight cap situation, which due to bonus overages from last season will, according to Chiarelli, keep the B’s from going “full force” into free agency, and will also compel the club to make some tough decisions.
Chiarelli didn’t rule out moving contracts to open up cap space, which won’t quell the speculation that, say, Johnny Boychuk could be traded.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25