Jun 23, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli held a pre-draft conference call today, but not many of the questions he was asked had to do with the actual draft.
Instead, reporters were curious about the Bruins’ tight cap situation, which due to bonus overages from last season will, according to Chiarelli, keep the B’s from going “full force” into free agency, and will also compel the club to make some tough decisions.
Chiarelli didn’t rule out moving contracts to open up cap space, which won’t quell the speculation that, say, Johnny Boychuk could be traded.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 3
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38