Jun 22, 2014, 12:18 AM EST
Strange things have been in the Stanley Cup and the hallowed trophy has been in some awfully strange places.
The silver chalice is known to take a dip in swimming pools. Sometimes babies leave parting gifts behind in its bowl. Sometimes people consume things as benign as cereal out of it, yet one can only speculate about how much booze has been sipped from the Stanley Cup in its victorious travels.
Luc Robitaille adds a new culinary twist: meatballs out of the most recognizable trophy in sports.
What’s the verdict on this one? Is it a brilliant idea or a little ill-advised? Maybe a combination of the two?
While you’re here, check out a few other random photos related to the very early portion of the Los Angeles Kings’ victory lap:
Jonathan Quick enjoyed quite the meal, even if that’s not the actual Stanley Cup:
Justin Williams‘ dog is named Prince instead of “Connie” or “Seven,” shockingly:
Even the Stanley Cup observes traffic laws:
Finally, this is more an interesting look into the way the Kings view the game than how wildly they celebrate a championship:
Let’s finish with a question: what kind of food would you eat out of the Stanley Cup?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2