Jun 19, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Hoffman, 24, made his NHL debut two years ago but really broke into the Sens lineup last year, posting career highs in games (25), goals (three), points (six) and average TOI per game (13:11).
A product of Ottawa’s highly-successful 2009 draft class — one that included Jared Cowen, Jakob Silfverberg and Robin Lehner — Hoffman has been a remarkably productive scorer at the AHL level, scoring 67 points in 51 games last year to finish eighth in the league in scoring.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32