Jun 19, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
Hoffman, 24, made his NHL debut two years ago but really broke into the Sens lineup last year, posting career highs in games (25), goals (three), points (six) and average TOI per game (13:11).
A product of Ottawa’s highly-successful 2009 draft class — one that included Jared Cowen, Jakob Silfverberg and Robin Lehner — Hoffman has been a remarkably productive scorer at the AHL level, scoring 67 points in 51 games last year to finish eighth in the league in scoring.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27