Jun 19, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
While Murray wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Spezza returning to the Sens next season, it doesn’t sound like the GM is going to hold out for anything too unreasonable.
“I don’t think, when you trade a player of Jason’s caliber, that you ever win,” said Murray. “I think we try to get the best return we can. If it’s not satisfactory, we can’t do it, and he has a year left on his contract.”
Murray also said that, despite Spezza being allowed to submit a list of 10 teams to which he can’t be traded, that he’s had two “serious” offers for the 31-year-old center.
The St. Louis Blues could be one of those two teams to make an offer. The Anaheim Ducks could be, too. But, obviously, Murray wasn’t providing specifics today.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)