Jun 19, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
While Murray wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Spezza returning to the Sens next season, it doesn’t sound like the GM is going to hold out for anything too unreasonable.
“I don’t think, when you trade a player of Jason’s caliber, that you ever win,” said Murray. “I think we try to get the best return we can. If it’s not satisfactory, we can’t do it, and he has a year left on his contract.”
Murray also said that, despite Spezza being allowed to submit a list of 10 teams to which he can’t be traded, that he’s had two “serious” offers for the 31-year-old center.
The St. Louis Blues could be one of those two teams to make an offer. The Anaheim Ducks could be, too. But, obviously, Murray wasn’t providing specifics today.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)