Jun 19, 2014, 12:04 AM EDT
The search for a new head coach continues for the Vancouver Canucks.
Up next on the list of candidates to interview for the vacant position was former Pittsburgh Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma, according to The Province newspaper.
From The Province:
Bylsma is apparently the fourth to interview with Linden and Jim Benning. They have already spoken with former Canucks coach Marc Crawford as well as Crawford’s former assistant, Mike Johnston, who’s now the head coach of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks. Fired Florida coach Peter Horacek also been reportedly interviewed.
If the Canucks don’t have a head coach in place a week from now, it could put them at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to courting potential free agents.
You can scratch one name off the list – John Stevens. It was believed Stevens would be a strong candidate, however on Wednesday, the L.A. Kings promoted him from assistant coach to associate head coach alongside Darryl Sutter.
Willie Desjardins, recently a champion as coach of the Texas Stars in the AHL, has garnered most of the attention when it comes to who will potentially fill the spot previously held by John Tortorella before he was fired.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)