Jun 19, 2014, 12:04 AM EDT
The search for a new head coach continues for the Vancouver Canucks.
Up next on the list of candidates to interview for the vacant position was former Pittsburgh Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma, according to The Province newspaper.
From The Province:
Bylsma is apparently the fourth to interview with Linden and Jim Benning. They have already spoken with former Canucks coach Marc Crawford as well as Crawford’s former assistant, Mike Johnston, who’s now the head coach of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks. Fired Florida coach Peter Horacek also been reportedly interviewed.
If the Canucks don’t have a head coach in place a week from now, it could put them at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to courting potential free agents.
You can scratch one name off the list – John Stevens. It was believed Stevens would be a strong candidate, however on Wednesday, the L.A. Kings promoted him from assistant coach to associate head coach alongside Darryl Sutter.
Willie Desjardins, recently a champion as coach of the Texas Stars in the AHL, has garnered most of the attention when it comes to who will potentially fill the spot previously held by John Tortorella before he was fired.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)