Jun 19, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Back in March, word surfaced that Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar was facing a possible eviction from a condo owned by teammate Darren Helm stemming from alleged noisy behavior. We can all rest easily (literally and figuratively?) knowing that the lawsuit has been resolved and dismissed, according to the Detroit News.
The Main Street Lofts Condominium Association filed the complaint. The Detroit News reports that Tatar, 23, moved out of the “trendy third-floor space” after the Red Wings were eliminated from the 2014 postseason, so perhaps the association got its wish that he would “vacate the premises.”
(He probably won’t move back in for the 2014-15 season, but that’s pure speculation.)
Here are the details of the complaint, via the Detroit News:
In the original complaint, the association alleged it had received received numerous complaints from neighbors that excessive noise had been heard coming from the condominium “up to four nights a week” between midnight and 4 a.m. since late October 2013. Neighbors had become weary of “loud music, yelling and banging on the floors and walls.”
Tatar, a Slovakian native, allegedly also made a habit of routinely parking his vehicle in parking spaces inside the private parking lot designated for short-term guest parking.
If it makes his previously sleep-deprived neighbors feel any better, Tatar scored eight points in March, so at least that alleged boisterous celebrating was for a good cause. Right? Maybe?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)