Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
This summer would be busy enough for Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly based on contract negotiations alone, yet the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater also reports that he recently underwent successful shoulder surgery.
It’s unclear when, exactly, the two-way forward went under the knife, but the Avalanche expect him to be ready for training camp (although one can only speculate regarding whether he’ll be in training camp with Colorado or a different NHL team).
Dater believes that the 23-year-old’s latest shoulder issues could be related to the odd injury he suffered after celebrating a goal in January. Here’s video of that moment, even if it is unlikely to be very telling:
It will be interesting to see if another team sends an offer sheet his way, and if not, what kind of salary arbitration reward he will receive this summer. Whatever the case may be, O’Reilly would be wise to focus on the rehab process.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)