Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
This summer would be busy enough for Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly based on contract negotiations alone, yet the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater also reports that he recently underwent successful shoulder surgery.
It’s unclear when, exactly, the two-way forward went under the knife, but the Avalanche expect him to be ready for training camp (although one can only speculate regarding whether he’ll be in training camp with Colorado or a different NHL team).
Dater believes that the 23-year-old’s latest shoulder issues could be related to the odd injury he suffered after celebrating a goal in January. Here’s video of that moment, even if it is unlikely to be very telling:
It will be interesting to see if another team sends an offer sheet his way, and if not, what kind of salary arbitration reward he will receive this summer. Whatever the case may be, O’Reilly would be wise to focus on the rehab process.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)