Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
This summer would be busy enough for Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly based on contract negotiations alone, yet the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater also reports that he recently underwent successful shoulder surgery.
It’s unclear when, exactly, the two-way forward went under the knife, but the Avalanche expect him to be ready for training camp (although one can only speculate regarding whether he’ll be in training camp with Colorado or a different NHL team).
Dater believes that the 23-year-old’s latest shoulder issues could be related to the odd injury he suffered after celebrating a goal in January. Here’s video of that moment, even if it is unlikely to be very telling:
It will be interesting to see if another team sends an offer sheet his way, and if not, what kind of salary arbitration reward he will receive this summer. Whatever the case may be, O’Reilly would be wise to focus on the rehab process.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)