Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
This summer would be busy enough for Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly based on contract negotiations alone, yet the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater also reports that he recently underwent successful shoulder surgery.
It’s unclear when, exactly, the two-way forward went under the knife, but the Avalanche expect him to be ready for training camp (although one can only speculate regarding whether he’ll be in training camp with Colorado or a different NHL team).
Dater believes that the 23-year-old’s latest shoulder issues could be related to the odd injury he suffered after celebrating a goal in January. Here’s video of that moment, even if it is unlikely to be very telling:
It will be interesting to see if another team sends an offer sheet his way, and if not, what kind of salary arbitration reward he will receive this summer. Whatever the case may be, O’Reilly would be wise to focus on the rehab process.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39