Jun 18, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Players eligible for the NHL Draft do many things to get noticed. Getting under the skin of the opposition, well that’s a pretty good way to garner attention from just about anyone in the rink.
Take Anton Karlsson, the 11th-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting and a member of Frolunda’s junior team in Sweden, for example: “I think the scouts see a warrior in my game,” Karlsson recently told NHL.com. “I’m a big player, big size (6-foot-1, 187 pounds). I like to hit bodies and just be a pain in the [neck] for the other team.”
That could be a very sought after kind of quality. The first round of the draft goes next Friday (June 27) in Philadelphia. The Florida Panthers have the No. 1 pick for right now.
Given where he stands on Central Scouting’s list, it would appear Karlsson would top out going late in the first round.
“He likes to play physical and he gives it everything he has on every shift,” Goran Stubb, the NHL Director of European Scouting told NHL.com “Any team drafting him will be happy; he’s a good prospect.”
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)