Jun 18, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Players eligible for the NHL Draft do many things to get noticed. Getting under the skin of the opposition, well that’s a pretty good way to garner attention from just about anyone in the rink.
Take Anton Karlsson, the 11th-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting and a member of Frolunda’s junior team in Sweden, for example: “I think the scouts see a warrior in my game,” Karlsson recently told NHL.com. “I’m a big player, big size (6-foot-1, 187 pounds). I like to hit bodies and just be a pain in the [neck] for the other team.”
That could be a very sought after kind of quality. The first round of the draft goes next Friday (June 27) in Philadelphia. The Florida Panthers have the No. 1 pick for right now.
Given where he stands on Central Scouting’s list, it would appear Karlsson would top out going late in the first round.
“He likes to play physical and he gives it everything he has on every shift,” Goran Stubb, the NHL Director of European Scouting told NHL.com “Any team drafting him will be happy; he’s a good prospect.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (145)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)