Jun 18, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Players eligible for the NHL Draft do many things to get noticed. Getting under the skin of the opposition, well that’s a pretty good way to garner attention from just about anyone in the rink.
Take Anton Karlsson, the 11th-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting and a member of Frolunda’s junior team in Sweden, for example: “I think the scouts see a warrior in my game,” Karlsson recently told NHL.com. “I’m a big player, big size (6-foot-1, 187 pounds). I like to hit bodies and just be a pain in the [neck] for the other team.”
That could be a very sought after kind of quality. The first round of the draft goes next Friday (June 27) in Philadelphia. The Florida Panthers have the No. 1 pick for right now.
Given where he stands on Central Scouting’s list, it would appear Karlsson would top out going late in the first round.
“He likes to play physical and he gives it everything he has on every shift,” Goran Stubb, the NHL Director of European Scouting told NHL.com “Any team drafting him will be happy; he’s a good prospect.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)