Jun 18, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
No surprise there, given last week’s report that there was “very slim to no chance” that Boyle would sign with the Isles.
Now we’ll see if Garth Snow can do what he did in 2011, when he managed to flip Christian Ehrhoff’s rights to Buffalo (for a fourth-round pick) after acquiring them from Vancouver (also for a fourth-round pick) and failing to sign the defenseman, who ended up inking a big deal with the Sabres.
Boyle, 37, is apparently looking for a two-year contract.
Before the Isles acquired Boyle’s rights, it was reported that the Tampa Bay Lightning were “toying with the idea” of acquiring them. Boyle won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004, before he was traded to San Jose in 2008.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:48 AM EDT
Feel free to change that to “lose.”
Mar 31, 2015, 12:22 AM EDT
The overall damage is currently unclear.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:44 PM EDT
And how good is life for the Calgary Flames?
Mar 30, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
Chicago ran Los Angeles out of the rink on Monday.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Just a minor penalty.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Tampa Bay sweeps season series vs. Montreal.
Mar 30, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Not exactly fearing the jinx.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
He’s a trooper.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
A new wrinkle to the rivalry.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
He shakes off Saturday’s scary crash.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
Could he be ahead of schedule?
Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Mar 30, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
L.A.’s first time back in Chicago since Game 7 of last year’s Western Conference Final.
Mar 30, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
No more James Wisniewski.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Could be helpful in attracting and retaining free agents.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
The drive began by focusing on individuals for season ticket packages.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
“I think it’s going to come right down to the morning skate.”
Mar 30, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 30, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Flyers d-man has a lower-body injury.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
“A win tonight would be good for our team, both physically and mentally.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18