Jun 18, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
No surprise there, given last week’s report that there was “very slim to no chance” that Boyle would sign with the Isles.
Now we’ll see if Garth Snow can do what he did in 2011, when he managed to flip Christian Ehrhoff’s rights to Buffalo (for a fourth-round pick) after acquiring them from Vancouver (also for a fourth-round pick) and failing to sign the defenseman, who ended up inking a big deal with the Sabres.
Boyle, 37, is apparently looking for a two-year contract.
Before the Isles acquired Boyle’s rights, it was reported that the Tampa Bay Lightning were “toying with the idea” of acquiring them. Boyle won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004, before he was traded to San Jose in 2008.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)