Jun 18, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
No surprise there, given last week’s report that there was “very slim to no chance” that Boyle would sign with the Isles.
Now we’ll see if Garth Snow can do what he did in 2011, when he managed to flip Christian Ehrhoff’s rights to Buffalo (for a fourth-round pick) after acquiring them from Vancouver (also for a fourth-round pick) and failing to sign the defenseman, who ended up inking a big deal with the Sabres.
Boyle, 37, is apparently looking for a two-year contract.
Before the Isles acquired Boyle’s rights, it was reported that the Tampa Bay Lightning were “toying with the idea” of acquiring them. Boyle won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004, before he was traded to San Jose in 2008.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29