Jun 18, 2014, 1:30 AM EST
Could Mike Cammalleri, a pending unrestricted free agent and already with an annual cap hit of $6 million, possibly re-sign with the Calgary Flames?
The 32-year-old forward, after a 26-goal, 45-point season, is at the end of his current five-year contract. To take a line out from Simpsons character Troy McClure, you may remember him from such UFA of the Day’s as June 10. Sorry, that was lame. But there appears to be a dialogue between him and the Flames.
“The only things we’re unable to agree on are term and price — other than that we have a deal,” Flames general manager Brad Treliving told the Calgary Sun.
“We’re talking. I think he’s sincere he would come back but it’s got to be something that works for everybody.”
Cammalleri, placed on injured reserve in January with a concussion before returning at the start of February, is now five seasons removed from his career-best 39-goal and 82-point season, which he achieved with the Flames back in 2008-09.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)