Jun 18, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Could Mike Cammalleri, a pending unrestricted free agent and already with an annual cap hit of $6 million, possibly re-sign with the Calgary Flames?
The 32-year-old forward, after a 26-goal, 45-point season, is at the end of his current five-year contract. To take a line out from Simpsons character Troy McClure, you may remember him from such UFA of the Day’s as June 10. Sorry, that was lame. But there appears to be a dialogue between him and the Flames.
“The only things we’re unable to agree on are term and price — other than that we have a deal,” Flames general manager Brad Treliving told the Calgary Sun.
“We’re talking. I think he’s sincere he would come back but it’s got to be something that works for everybody.”
Cammalleri, placed on injured reserve in January with a concussion before returning at the start of February, is now five seasons removed from his career-best 39-goal and 82-point season, which he achieved with the Flames back in 2008-09.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 48
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)