Jun 18, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Could Mike Cammalleri, a pending unrestricted free agent and already with an annual cap hit of $6 million, possibly re-sign with the Calgary Flames?
The 32-year-old forward, after a 26-goal, 45-point season, is at the end of his current five-year contract. To take a line out from Simpsons character Troy McClure, you may remember him from such UFA of the Day’s as June 10. Sorry, that was lame. But there appears to be a dialogue between him and the Flames.
“The only things we’re unable to agree on are term and price — other than that we have a deal,” Flames general manager Brad Treliving told the Calgary Sun.
“We’re talking. I think he’s sincere he would come back but it’s got to be something that works for everybody.”
Cammalleri, placed on injured reserve in January with a concussion before returning at the start of February, is now five seasons removed from his career-best 39-goal and 82-point season, which he achieved with the Flames back in 2008-09.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39