Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
The Calgary Flames continued to shuffle their coaching deck on Tuesday, announcing that goalie coach Clint Malarchuk would not be back for the 2014-15 campaign.
Malarchuk, who’d been the Flames’ goalie coach for the last three seasons, left the team late last season due to personal reasons. He’s the third coach Calgary has parted ways with recently — two weeks ago, the club announced it was cutting ties with AHL Abbotsford bench bosses Troy Ward and Robbie Ftorek.
It’ll be interesting to see what direction Calgary goes with its new hire. The goalie coach market has been a fluid one this offseason, with ex-Sabres guru Jim Corsi going to St. Louis and former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn reuniting with Barry Trotz in Washington.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, WHL Vancouver goalie coach Eli Wilson could be in the mix to replace Malarchuk.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)