Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
The Calgary Flames continued to shuffle their coaching deck on Tuesday, announcing that goalie coach Clint Malarchuk would not be back for the 2014-15 campaign.
Malarchuk, who’d been the Flames’ goalie coach for the last three seasons, left the team late last season due to personal reasons. He’s the third coach Calgary has parted ways with recently — two weeks ago, the club announced it was cutting ties with AHL Abbotsford bench bosses Troy Ward and Robbie Ftorek.
It’ll be interesting to see what direction Calgary goes with its new hire. The goalie coach market has been a fluid one this offseason, with ex-Sabres guru Jim Corsi going to St. Louis and former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn reuniting with Barry Trotz in Washington.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, WHL Vancouver goalie coach Eli Wilson could be in the mix to replace Malarchuk.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 19
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)