Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames continued to shuffle their coaching deck on Tuesday, announcing that goalie coach Clint Malarchuk would not be back for the 2014-15 campaign.
Malarchuk, who’d been the Flames’ goalie coach for the last three seasons, left the team late last season due to personal reasons. He’s the third coach Calgary has parted ways with recently — two weeks ago, the club announced it was cutting ties with AHL Abbotsford bench bosses Troy Ward and Robbie Ftorek.
It’ll be interesting to see what direction Calgary goes with its new hire. The goalie coach market has been a fluid one this offseason, with ex-Sabres guru Jim Corsi going to St. Louis and former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn reuniting with Barry Trotz in Washington.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, WHL Vancouver goalie coach Eli Wilson could be in the mix to replace Malarchuk.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)