Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
The Calgary Flames continued to shuffle their coaching deck on Tuesday, announcing that goalie coach Clint Malarchuk would not be back for the 2014-15 campaign.
Malarchuk, who’d been the Flames’ goalie coach for the last three seasons, left the team late last season due to personal reasons. He’s the third coach Calgary has parted ways with recently — two weeks ago, the club announced it was cutting ties with AHL Abbotsford bench bosses Troy Ward and Robbie Ftorek.
It’ll be interesting to see what direction Calgary goes with its new hire. The goalie coach market has been a fluid one this offseason, with ex-Sabres guru Jim Corsi going to St. Louis and former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn reuniting with Barry Trotz in Washington.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, WHL Vancouver goalie coach Eli Wilson could be in the mix to replace Malarchuk.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)