Jun 18, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
A first-rounder from last year’s draft and the potential No. 1 pick at next year’s are among the 42 players invited to the U.S. Junior Evaluation Camp, to be held from Aug. 2-9 in Lake Placid, New York.
Mike McCarron — taken 25th overall by Montreal at the ’13 Draft — and Jack Eichel, regarded by many as a top-two pick in 2015, were two of the 42, USA Hockey announced on Wednesday. The camp will be an important one for the Americans, as they look to bounce back from a disappointing quarterfinal loss at the 2014 World Juniors, just the second time the U.S. has failed to medal at the event in five tries.
In addition to Eichel and McCarron, the U.S. roster features…
– Cole Cassels, son of ex-NHLer Andrew
– Dominic Turgeon, son of ex-NHLer Pierre
– Ryan MacInnis, son of ex-NHLer Al
– Brendan Burke, son of ex-NHLer Sean
The team will be coached by former Ohio State bench boss Mark Osiecki, and will have input from the likes of Don Waddell (international consultant), Tony Granato (camp coach) and Mike Sullivan (camp coach).
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39