Jun 17, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
From Sportsnet’s John Shannon:
Sounds like the 2nd outdoor game next season for the NHL will be in the Bay Area…either AT&T Park or the new Levi's Stadium.—
John Shannon (@JSportsnet) June 17, 2014
It was already reported earlier in the month that the San Jose Sharks expected to host an outdoor game next season.
AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants, is likely the favorite to host. As we wrote in February, it’s considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
Levi’s Stadium, in Santa Clara, is the new football home of the 49ers. It seems nice and all…
…but there are lots of football stadiums like that. AT&T Park would be the more unique setting.
Related: Just two outdoor games next year?
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)