Jun 17, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
From Sportsnet’s John Shannon:
It was already reported earlier in the month that the San Jose Sharks expected to host an outdoor game next season.
AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants, is likely the favorite to host. As we wrote in February, it’s considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
Levi’s Stadium, in Santa Clara, is the new football home of the 49ers. It seems nice and all…
…but there are lots of football stadiums like that. AT&T Park would be the more unique setting.
Related: Just two outdoor games next year?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)