Jun 17, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
From Sportsnet’s John Shannon:
It was already reported earlier in the month that the San Jose Sharks expected to host an outdoor game next season.
AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants, is likely the favorite to host. As we wrote in February, it’s considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
Levi’s Stadium, in Santa Clara, is the new football home of the 49ers. It seems nice and all…
…but there are lots of football stadiums like that. AT&T Park would be the more unique setting.
Related: Just two outdoor games next year?
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)