Jun 17, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Update: Canucks confirm it.
We wrote about Booth yesterday. At the time, his agent, Mike Liut, hadn’t heard from the Canucks, and wasn’t sure if his client would be bought out.
Booth, 29, had nine goals in 66 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. He was also an occasional healthy scratch and spent some time in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Booth will become an unrestricted free agent, and may actually be worth rolling the dice on, assuming the price is right. Despite his struggles in 2013-14, he had four goals in his last 10 games, and looked to have more jump a year after suffering a serious ankle injury.
“The doctor said, ‘In a full year you’ll be feeling good,'” Booth said in March. “My speed is coming back and I’m protecting the puck well.”
The Canucks used their first compliance buyout last offseason on Keith Ballard.
Both Booth and Ballard were acquired by former Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis in trades with the Florida Panthers.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)