Jun 17, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Update: Canucks confirm it.
We wrote about Booth yesterday. At the time, his agent, Mike Liut, hadn’t heard from the Canucks, and wasn’t sure if his client would be bought out.
Booth, 29, had nine goals in 66 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. He was also an occasional healthy scratch and spent some time in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Booth will become an unrestricted free agent, and may actually be worth rolling the dice on, assuming the price is right. Despite his struggles in 2013-14, he had four goals in his last 10 games, and looked to have more jump a year after suffering a serious ankle injury.
“The doctor said, ‘In a full year you’ll be feeling good,'” Booth said in March. “My speed is coming back and I’m protecting the puck well.”
The Canucks used their first compliance buyout last offseason on Keith Ballard.
Both Booth and Ballard were acquired by former Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis in trades with the Florida Panthers.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)