Jun 17, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Update: Canucks confirm it.
We wrote about Booth yesterday. At the time, his agent, Mike Liut, hadn’t heard from the Canucks, and wasn’t sure if his client would be bought out.
Booth, 29, had nine goals in 66 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. He was also an occasional healthy scratch and spent some time in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Booth will become an unrestricted free agent, and may actually be worth rolling the dice on, assuming the price is right. Despite his struggles in 2013-14, he had four goals in his last 10 games, and looked to have more jump a year after suffering a serious ankle injury.
“The doctor said, ‘In a full year you’ll be feeling good,'” Booth said in March. “My speed is coming back and I’m protecting the puck well.”
The Canucks used their first compliance buyout last offseason on Keith Ballard.
Both Booth and Ballard were acquired by former Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis in trades with the Florida Panthers.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)