Jun 17, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
From TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
Update: Canucks confirm it.
We wrote about Booth yesterday. At the time, his agent, Mike Liut, hadn’t heard from the Canucks, and wasn’t sure if his client would be bought out.
Booth, 29, had nine goals in 66 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. He was also an occasional healthy scratch and spent some time in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Booth will become an unrestricted free agent, and may actually be worth rolling the dice on, assuming the price is right. Despite his struggles in 2013-14, he had four goals in his last 10 games, and looked to have more jump a year after suffering a serious ankle injury.
“The doctor said, ‘In a full year you’ll be feeling good,'” Booth said in March. “My speed is coming back and I’m protecting the puck well.”
The Canucks used their first compliance buyout last offseason on Keith Ballard.
Both Booth and Ballard were acquired by former Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis in trades with the Florida Panthers.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)