Jun 16, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
L.A.’s mayor Eric Garcetti is definitely pumped up about the Kings and their Stanley Cup victory – the franchise’s second in three years, which has sparked talk of a possible dynasty – on Friday.
The Kings celebrated their championship in a parade and rally at Staples Center on Monday, where the mayor dropped an F-bomb while wearing a jersey and standing in front of the silver chalice.
“They say never, ever be pictured with a drink in your hand and never swear, but this is a big (expletive) day,” Garcetti said, as per NBC Southern California.
Warning: Explicit language
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (59)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)