Jun 16, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
L.A.’s mayor Eric Garcetti is definitely pumped up about the Kings and their Stanley Cup victory – the franchise’s second in three years, which has sparked talk of a possible dynasty - on Friday.
The Kings celebrated their championship in a parade and rally at Staples Center on Monday, where the mayor dropped an F-bomb while wearing a jersey and standing in front of the silver chalice.
“They say never, ever be pictured with a drink in your hand and never swear, but this is a big (expletive) day,” Garcetti said, as per NBC Southern California.
Warning: Explicit language
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17