Jun 16, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Just weeks after extending the contract of head coach Todd Richards, the Blue Jackets have retained all of his staff.
Associate coach Craig Hartsburg, goalie coach Ian Clark and development coach Chris Clark have inked multi-year contract extensions, GM Jarmo Kekalainen announced on Monday. Kekalainen also announced ex-AHL Springfield coach Brad Larsen would be added to Richards’ staff to replace Dan Hinote, who left the team two weeks ago to deal with a ‘private family matter.’
“Our coaching staff, led by Todd Richards, has done a tremendous job and we’re pleased to extend the contracts of Craig, Ian and Chris and to add a very bright young coach in Brad Larsen to the staff,” said Kekalainen. “We believe our coaching staff is as strong as any in the NHL and that they will continue to play pivotal roles in the development and success of our team moving forward.”
The extensions are more than deserved after Richards, Hartsburg and the Clarks helped Columbus to a franchise-best 43 wins this season, then orchestrated the club’s first-ever playoff victories in a spirited opening-round series loss to Pittsburgh.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2