Jun 16, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Just weeks after extending the contract of head coach Todd Richards, the Blue Jackets have retained all of his staff.
Associate coach Craig Hartsburg, goalie coach Ian Clark and development coach Chris Clark have inked multi-year contract extensions, GM Jarmo Kekalainen announced on Monday. Kekalainen also announced ex-AHL Springfield coach Brad Larsen would be added to Richards’ staff to replace Dan Hinote, who left the team two weeks ago to deal with a ‘private family matter.’
“Our coaching staff, led by Todd Richards, has done a tremendous job and we’re pleased to extend the contracts of Craig, Ian and Chris and to add a very bright young coach in Brad Larsen to the staff,” said Kekalainen. “We believe our coaching staff is as strong as any in the NHL and that they will continue to play pivotal roles in the development and success of our team moving forward.”
The extensions are more than deserved after Richards, Hartsburg and the Clarks helped Columbus to a franchise-best 43 wins this season, then orchestrated the club’s first-ever playoff victories in a spirited opening-round series loss to Pittsburgh.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54