Jun 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
One of the three remaining head coaching gigs available will be filled in the next 11 days.
Florida GM Dale Tallon told the Miami Herald his club will “definitely” have its new bench boss in place before the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, which will be held on June 27 in Philadelphia.
More, from the Herald:
Tallon wouldn’t divulge names on Monday afternoon, a source within the organization said former Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, former Vancouver and Colorado coach Marc Crawford and former Columbus coach Gerard Gallant are being seriously considered for the job.
Detroit Red Wing assistants Tom Renney and Bill Peters are also in the conversation.
“They are all different guys and they are all interesting coaches,” Tallon said. “We’ll find the right fit. We met with all of them in New York last week and now we’re narrowing things down.
“It’s going really good. They all want to come here because of what we have. We have a good young core of players and are committed to winning. They want to be a part of it.”
Given the speed in which Tallon contacted Bylsma after he was fired in Pittsburgh — reports suggest Tallon called him the same day — it stands to reason Disco Dan is at, or very near, the top of Florida’s list.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)