Jun 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
David Booth‘s agent, Mike Liut, hasn’t heard from the Vancouver Canucks about the possibility his client could be bought out of his remaining contract.
“I haven’t heard anything from Vancouver (today),” Liut told The Province this morning. “I called [Canucks general manager Jim Benning] a couple of weeks ago and spoke with him about David then. That was before before the club’s meetings and he was still getting up to speed on things. I asked him to give me a heads-up if they came to a decision.”
Booth, 29, had nine goals in 66 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. He was also an occasional healthy scratch and spent some time in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
With just one year remaining on his contract (cap hit $4.25 million), the Canucks may choose to keep Booth and hope the veteran winger can regain the form that made him a three-time 20-goal scorer in Florida. Or, they could try to trade him, perhaps offering to retain part of his salary in the deal.
Vancouver has already used one of its two compliance buyouts, last summer on Keith Ballard. Besides Booth, Jason Garrison and Alex Burrows are the other Canucks that have been bandied about as potential buyout candidates.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)