Jun 15, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
You can count the Calgary Flames as one of the early teams to reportedly make a bid on Ottawa Senators captain Jason Spezza. The only problem is he doesn’t want to play there or anywhere else in the country, according to the Ottawa Sun.
Spezza, who has requested a trade, has reportedly put the Flames, Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Canucks, and Edmonton Oilers on his list of 10 teams he won’t move to. Senators GM Bryan Murray doesn’t want to trade Spezza within the Atlantic Division, so that likely rules out the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens regardless of whether or not Spezza bothered to put them on the list.
Murray suggested that Spezza wants out in part because he felt he was being blamed too often when the Senators struggled and he might feel like he would be in a similar situation in other Canadian markets.
There’s some early speculation that the Anaheim Ducks and St. Louis Blues might be interested in Spezza’s services, but the process will be complicated by the fact that center Ryan Kesler might also be on the market.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)