Jun 13, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
The New York Rangers carry a 2-1 lead into the third period of Game 5 against the Los Angeles Kings because of special teams and a special goalie.
Brian Boyle‘s had some big moments, too. Slava Voynov seemed to be all alone for a prime power-play chance, yet Boyle managed to block his shot. He then left the Staples Center crowd stunned by scoring a shorthanded goal in the waning moments of the second period:
The question is: can the Rangers manage more special moments and close Game 5 out? Chances are, the Kings are going to demand that of them.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54