Jun 13, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
The New York Rangers carry a 2-1 lead into the third period of Game 5 against the Los Angeles Kings because of special teams and a special goalie.
Brian Boyle‘s had some big moments, too. Slava Voynov seemed to be all alone for a prime power-play chance, yet Boyle managed to block his shot. He then left the Staples Center crowd stunned by scoring a shorthanded goal in the waning moments of the second period:
The question is: can the Rangers manage more special moments and close Game 5 out? Chances are, the Kings are going to demand that of them.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2