Jun 13, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
Just finished reading this piece of statistical analysis on the Stanley Cup Final from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle. It’s pretty revealing, so I thought I’d pass it along as the start of Game 5 approaches.
Not that it’s news that Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards and Dan Girardi aren’t having their best series, but the struggles of the high-priced New York veterans are especially pronounced in the possession stats.
There’s more info in there, so give it a read.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32