Jun 13, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Just finished reading this piece of statistical analysis on the Stanley Cup Final from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle. It’s pretty revealing, so I thought I’d pass it along as the start of Game 5 approaches.
Not that it’s news that Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards and Dan Girardi aren’t having their best series, but the struggles of the high-priced New York veterans are especially pronounced in the possession stats.
There’s more info in there, so give it a read.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)