Jun 13, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Just finished reading this piece of statistical analysis on the Stanley Cup Final from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle. It’s pretty revealing, so I thought I’d pass it along as the start of Game 5 approaches.
Not that it’s news that Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards and Dan Girardi aren’t having their best series, but the struggles of the high-priced New York veterans are especially pronounced in the possession stats.
There’s more info in there, so give it a read.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 17
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 31
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 1
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)