Jun 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Thinking about somehow finding a ticket for tonight’s Game 5 between the L.A. Kings and New York Rangers? Well, be prepared to break the bank. Tickets for this one are historically expensive.
The resilient Kings can clinch the Stanley Cup for the second time in three years with a win over the visiting Rangers tonight.
From the Canadian Press:
SeatGeek, an aggregator for the secondary ticket market, reports that fans had paid an average of US$1,126 a ticket as of Thursday for the Staples Center game, making it the most expensive Los Angeles Kings game in team history. The previous high was $903 for Game 4 of the 2012 Cup final.
This is the complete opposite of what was happening in New York in the lead-up to Game 4, which the Rangers needed to win in order to avoid being swept in the final series.
Ticket prices fell dramatically prior to that game, according to SeatGeek, which reported: “The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series).”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)