Jun 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Thinking about somehow finding a ticket for tonight’s Game 5 between the L.A. Kings and New York Rangers? Well, be prepared to break the bank. Tickets for this one are historically expensive.
The resilient Kings can clinch the Stanley Cup for the second time in three years with a win over the visiting Rangers tonight.
From the Canadian Press:
SeatGeek, an aggregator for the secondary ticket market, reports that fans had paid an average of US$1,126 a ticket as of Thursday for the Staples Center game, making it the most expensive Los Angeles Kings game in team history. The previous high was $903 for Game 4 of the 2012 Cup final.
This is the complete opposite of what was happening in New York in the lead-up to Game 4, which the Rangers needed to win in order to avoid being swept in the final series.
Ticket prices fell dramatically prior to that game, according to SeatGeek, which reported: “The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series).”
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 0
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)