Jun 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Thinking about somehow finding a ticket for tonight’s Game 5 between the L.A. Kings and New York Rangers? Well, be prepared to break the bank. Tickets for this one are historically expensive.
The resilient Kings can clinch the Stanley Cup for the second time in three years with a win over the visiting Rangers tonight.
From the Canadian Press:
SeatGeek, an aggregator for the secondary ticket market, reports that fans had paid an average of US$1,126 a ticket as of Thursday for the Staples Center game, making it the most expensive Los Angeles Kings game in team history. The previous high was $903 for Game 4 of the 2012 Cup final.
This is the complete opposite of what was happening in New York in the lead-up to Game 4, which the Rangers needed to win in order to avoid being swept in the final series.
Ticket prices fell dramatically prior to that game, according to SeatGeek, which reported: “The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series).”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)