Jun 13, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers appear to be closing in on a successful candidate to be their new head coach.
According to a Twitter report from George Richards of the Miami Herald, the Panthers have cut the list of coaching candidates down to five, and an official announcement should come no later than Monday.
The reports of candidates who have been interviewed have been plentiful in recent weeks. Former Pittsburgh Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma seems to be garnering the most attention, after it was reported that he had an interview for the job earlier this week.
According to a report from NHL.com, other candidates included: Ron Wilson, Marc Crawford, Gerard Gallant and Bill Peters, with a mention that Tom Renney had also interviewed for the position.
Panthers general manager Dale Tallon wasted no time in contacting Bylsma after he was fired by the Penguins earlier this month. According to a report at the time from the Sun Sentinel, Tallon contacted Bylsma the same day he was let go from Pittsburgh, where he won a Stanley Cup as a head coach in 2009.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)